If some one sold...

If some one sold hornworms for a cheaper price would you buy them?

• YES

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • NO

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

herpencounter

Herpencounter.com
If some one sold hornworms for a cheaper price would you buy them (or buy them more often)?

If you picked YES what would you consider a good price?
If NO post why.

Thanks!

S

Snowy & Petra de Gecko

Boy

Boy ... 10 people have reponded but none have indicated a price.

So what am I suppose to do.

I looked out on the internet and ... there are different prices for the darn things.

One site said about 25 of them for about 11.00 and another said 10.00 for 12 to 20 of them. (I assume that it would not include shipping)

I use crickets, mealworms, Super Mealworms and Waxies.

I want the Hornworms/Silkworms to be used as an additional feeder to keep things interesting.

So I might or would buy them every month or every couple of months.

I hope that this helps.

LizMarie

I really don't know what a good price would be but I find it difficult to purchase them when they are 18 for 9.99 plus possibly another $6-$10 shipping. That's almost $20 for a few worms! Maybe increasing the number of worms in the package would make it a little better.

rubym

I don't know if it is a "good" price but we pay a $1.00 a worm at the Indy Reptile show. I get 12 for $10.00. My guys only get them once every other month because they are expensive.

cwazy

Cwazy Gecko Man!
too rich for our blood... if you can match our superworm prices i would cave... but we get those for 1.50 per dozen or so... so i doubt it :p supers work super for me... no need to get super fancy and rich like ;)

H worms

I think to use them for leos you could include the same amount of hw food and more worms and they would be a better deal gex don't need giant worms.
I use to get the eggs from a local university and refrigerate until I needed more. I use to feed them a lab mix that was almost identical to silk worm food.
They were great feeders for dragons or any large lizard.

Just my 2 cents

MiamiLeos

$10 for 12 worms is too expensive for me with the ammount of geckos I have. If it was something like $10 for 25 worms, I would maybe be more inclined to treat the leos every now and then :)

Digby Rigby

For us the most economical way to sell them is as egg and chow combos. They hatch fast and grow very fast. So this is the way some people like to get them for either resale or for large collections.

cryptid_hunter

I don't remember the exact price, right around $10.00 I think, but I get quite a few in a pre-packaged cups with the food already in it (and enough food to last the life of the hornworms) from Mulberry Farms and I've been quite satisfied every time. The cups contain like 25+ hornworms of various sizes. A couple of the hornworms are usually huge so I don't even bother with them, but the rest are the right size to start feeding immediately and the smaller ones will be adequate size by the time the bigger ones have been fed. But I'm happy with Mulberry Farms, price and quantity...

cryptid_hunter

Their silkworms come the same way and are great feeders too, I actually prefer the silkworms over the hornworms because of the exceptional nutritional value of the silkies. Not to mention my herps seem to like the silkies better too. The hornworms have alot of fat. Just throwing that out there....

Last edited:

Visit our friends