Ikea Detolf

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
In all those cases, the question is how much ventilation is there and is there a way to install heat and have the cords come out somewhere.

Aliza

Jenni76

I had converted the Detolf cabinet for my crested gecko. It was beautiful but every time I opened the glass front door, he freaked out. Sometimes he would sleep on the door and I was afraid to open the cabinet at all. I moved him to a 55 standing on its end. Anyway, were you planning on putting the cabinet on its side? I would think if you are able to get rid of the glass door and make a wire door like they do for the hamsters, it would work well. There’s plenty of room for a heat lamp or two. If heat and humidity become an issue, maybe you can add plexiglass or something to half the top?

Geckofan.me

I had converted the Detolf cabinet for my crested gecko. It was beautiful but every time I opened the glass front door, he freaked out. Sometimes he would sleep on the door and I was afraid to open the cabinet at all. I moved him to a 55 standing on its end. Anyway, were you planning on putting the cabinet on its side? I would think if you are able to get rid of the glass door and make a wire door like they do for the hamsters, it would work well. There’s plenty of room for a heat lamp or two. If heat and humidity become an issue, maybe you can add plexiglass or something to half the top?
Thank you , I was planning by putting it on its side and make a mesh door , thank you :)

Visit our friends