In memory of my Angel

Joeysmummy

I have been looking everywhere for a forum about the loss of your beloved Leopard Gecko,I have not been coping at all,I recently lost my baby :bigcry:

Here I wish to tell her story and bless her a beautiful memorial.
It all started when I was 20 I had been going through a very bad time,so bad I felt suicidal,I had always wanted a lizard,but my mum and dad would not let me have one,I lived in their house so had to follow their rules,well one night I wrote God a letter in it wishing my parents would change their minds as I really need a lizard in my life, the next day after writing this, my mum comes into my bedroom and says her and my dad changed their minds and will get me a lizard,they found a breeder and so I got you my baby at only 4 days old,the moment I saw you in that little plastic tub it was love at first sight :love:
It felt like magic in my hands everytime I held you :sweetheart: ,and you had a habbit of doing this cute little standing up in my turtleneck jumpers and poking your hands and face out like a baby Joey kangaroo,so Joey I felt was the perfect name for you.Joey the most loving affectionate funny beautiful baby I could ever have wished for in my life,my daughter,I will never forget when I was playing your favourite song and you ran to the headphones on my bed to hear this song even better,you loved this beautiful song,and I knew it was your favourite,after you heard the song,you were still only days old and so tired that night I remember you fell alseep on my bare foot,it warmed my heart and made me laugh, i couldnt move that night as I did not want to disturb you.
All my family fell in love with you,even my mum and dad,you had a magicial power over people,you made them see how wonderful you are.
One night when I had a fit in my bed,I was amazed when you ran out of your bed sensing I was in trouble and were right next to the glass getting as close to me as possible even scratching the glass beside my bed,because you wanted to be with me,I felt so scared that night and you eased and comforted me in the only way you could.
As you got older you really showed even more character,you turned into a right little dare devil,jumping from my shoulder at a great height onto the bed!.
I felt a reason to live having you in my life everything about you made me feel complete,I miss you so much its killing me to type this :bigcry: ,but I know this memorial will make you happy.
You spent most of your life in my hands or curled up cuddled in my neck,you would always nudge your nose into my neck and lick me you would always lick me!,I can honestly say you were more affectionate than a dog!.
One time as you were an adult I had to take you on the train I hid you in a furry jumper to keep you warm and you loved the journey, you even made a lot of people want a Leopard Gecko who fell in love with you,including the train ticket people! :laugh:
I have so many wonderful memories of you,nothing and no one can ever replace you in my heart.
As years went on 10 years later it got near to my birthday,I could not relax just a month before we had to take you to the vets and you had not been 100% since,you made it to my birthday and my best friend online even got to see you on webcam, something I rarely do!,of course she fell in love with you too.
You seemed to have more energy that night and I thought you were on the mend,but the night after my birthday its like you knew,I took you out of your vivarium,you looked weak,lathargic,I made you a hotwater bottle and wrapped a towel round it with you cozy and warm in there I hoped I could nurse you better that night,but it was like you knew it was your time,after giving you hydrolife electrolytes and doing all I could,I thought it best I put you back to rest,but you would not let me go,you knew,you knew it was your time,for the rest of the night I held you close to my heart nursed you as I sang you your favourite song and cried as I wanted to deny what I could feel you were telling me,i had been on the phone with a friend and a reptile vet and did everything in my power, but all you wished of me is that I hold you and comfort you and kiss and cuddle you as you do with me for one last time,I held your hand and I watched as the light in your eyes showed less and less,i told you I dont want you in pain,I love you my baby,and then the light in your eyes was gone,I was a trumatic mess,I was hysterical and in denial,my dog was licking my tears away and trying to calm me,it was the worst night of my life because my boyfriend was at work and everyone else I knew was busy,I had never cried so much in all my life I held your body for over 10 hours crying my heart out,I wanted to die,again!,when my boyfriend finally got back from work it took him hours to get me to let you go,I felt like I had lost a human daughter :bigcry:
Joey I know you are in spirit now,I know because I have felt you on my hand and around me,I feel you try to comfort me and try to help me to eat and sleep,thank you for the recent dream you gave me,I held you again,you look beautiful as ever,except you have grown a lot bigger in the spirit realm.
You are my gift from God,my Angel I love you forever my darling with all my heart and soul and I thank you for being the ultimate blessing in my life,I miss you so much :bigcry:
Im trying so hard to cope,it helps the support of my friends and family.
I await the day I can be with you at Rainbow Bridge,all my love forever my angel :angel:
your mummy xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I'm sorry for your loss. It's amazing how even a very simple life form can provide companionship and comfort. I hope eventually you'll be able to let another lizard into your life for this lovely kind of relationship.

Aliza

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
That is most likely thee most beautiful tribute I have ever read. I feel your pain, I feel the love she gave you, and the terars are rolling here in harmony with yours. She AND YOU are both beautiful creatures, Letting go is the hardest thing we ever have to do but going on and living your life in her memory the way she would have wanted you to is teh most honourable tribute you can ever give dear Joey. RIP lil one Mummy loves you dearly.

HUGZ, sending good vibes your way to feeling better another day.

Joeysmummy

Thank you

acpart* Thank you for your sympathy,to me she was far from a simple lifeform,more a complex one,she was human-like or beyond that even,theres no one like Joey,and I doubt there ever will be,she provided me more comfort and companionship than any other animal ive ever known,and ive known owned a lot of animals,right now i have a dog,a parrot,a cat,2 kittens,1 male Leopard Gecko,4 female Leopard Geckos,1 Crested Gecko and 1 Red Eyed Crocodile Skink,and tropical fish.
Its funny when you said hopefully I will be able to let another lizard in my life,after getting Joey when I lived in Scotland,about a year after I met my boyfriend,Joey jumped on his head to give her approval LOL:D,and I moved in with my boyfriend in England,he fell in love with leopard Geckos, thanks to Joey and got several of his own,and then we got so many reptiles either sick or old or well any in need,mainly Leopard Geckos,but ive also had many pass of old age Fat Tail Geckos,Madagasgar Day Gecko,Gold Dust Day Gecko,Dubia Day Geckos,Veiled Chameleon,Jeweled Curly tailed lizards,Chinese Cave Geckos,Central American Banded Gecko,Sand Skinks,Bearded Dragon,Fichers Chameleons,Crested Geckos,also had many snakes,they were mostly my boyfriends.
Anyway what im trying to say is I have let more than enough other animals especially lizards into my life,but nothing and no one can compare to how Joey made me feel,I miss her so much! :bigcry:

Dog Shrink* I thank you kindly with all my heart that you can feel such empathy with me,it still hurts,but im truly touched you feel I gave Joey such a beautiful tribute,she was the most special being ive ever encountered I was truly blessed to have her in my life,You are a beautiful soul too,for being as understanding and sympathetic as you are its a wonderful thing you can express such empathy((((hugs and love back to you)))) I am trying hard to cope,we normally bury our beloved lizards in the back of the garden,but I cant bare to with Joey,I have been thinking of a custom made locket with her ashes and picture and special words to her.
Everytime I kiss and cuddle my other Leopard Geckos they do their best to comfort me and will give kisses back,its lucky I have them to help me through,they all have their own individual little personalities and feel that bit different,I love them all but it cuts me deep when I have to open the viv were Joey was and know she is not there :bigcry:
I dont see much about people bonding with their Leopard Geckos like this,but I can honestly say Joey and I's bond was so strong it was unexplainable like beyond this world,and that bond lives on forever.
Thank you again for your comfort it meant a lot!:)
xoxoxo

Visit our friends