Incubation knowledge

michael.a.wyton

My gecko laid her first eggs 20 days ago so I chose to incubate them in perlite with a incubator made from sqaumata. This paticular incubator comes with an elevated platform and dividers but zero instructions on how to use it. Unfortunately I followed instructions provided not only by seller but a pdf online about the product to no avail I lost both eggs a week apart due to mold and still have no insight on how this contraption works or even if it does. I used UTH like I was told to I also drilled to holes to release some of the built up condensation but it still over condensated and raised the temperature inside to 100°. Does anyone have any information on how this paticular incubator works as u have emailed both the company who produced the incubator and the store who sold it and told me they use this product in store themselves but have failed to respond to my requests for information regarding this product. A little help would be greatly appreciated by anyone who is familiar with this incubator. Thankyou

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Neon Aurora

It sounds like you're using too much water. You should use a ratio of .8 parts water to 1 part dry perlite by weight. It's best not to have holes in the containers and to just open it once a week for air exchange.

100 F is way too high and will definitely kill your eggs. Eggs should be incubated 80-90 F depending on what sex you want.

michael.a.wyton

Thanks for responding so quickly. I'm not sure how so much condensation built up when I followed the suggestion of the retailer but obviously it was my misjudgement somewhere down the line that made this mistake. I guess I will have to try again when the time arises and hope for the best.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Visit our friends