Incubation Methods

KTyne

Kayla
For all of you smaller breeders or those of you who started small I have a question.

Would you suggest to go out and buy an incubator or would you suggest making one?

If you suggest making one what do you think is the best method? I've seen people make incubators out of those styrofoam coolers, mini fridges they stripped down, etc.

Thanks for the help! :D

Ellie_A

Kayla, I would definitely recommend making one. The cheaper ones that you can buy are not very reliable (from what I've read) and the more expensive ones are great I'm sure but are just so expensive.

I will be using a cooler with water in the bottom, an aquarium heater and a stand to keep the egg containers out of the water this year, it will probably cost about $40 when it is finished. I did look into turning a wine fridge into an incubator with heat tape, a thermostat and a computer fan but I couldn't find a cheap/free broken wine fridge locally so that idea has been put on hold for now.

KTyne

Kayla
Kayla, I would definitely recommend making one. The cheaper ones that you can buy are not very reliable (from what I've read) and the more expensive ones are great I'm sure but are just so expensive.

I will be using a cooler with water in the bottom, an aquarium heater and a stand to keep the egg containers out of the water this year, it will probably cost about $40 when it is finished. I did look into turning a wine fridge into an incubator with heat tape, a thermostat and a computer fan but I couldn't find a cheap/free broken wine fridge locally so that idea has been put on hold for now.

Thanks for the advice. :) I was thinking about making an incubator out of a styrofoam cooler, a thermostat, a heat pad or heat tape and home made shelves. I saw a guide online of how to build this and it looked really good. :)

Visit our friends