Introducing males

Wild West Reptile

Leopards AFT Ball Pythons
So I'm starting to introduce a few pairings for this year and was wondering if you've had more luck putting the male into a group of females (their tub) or if you put 1 female at a time into the males tub. I have tried both with mixed results so far. I had my granite's go at it right away with success. I also have a group of het zulus and have had no luck putting the male into the female's tub. I am giving him a timeout and will introduce 1 female at a time to his digs in a week or two. They have been laying eggs, but all have been duds. I know it's probably just because they are first time layers and they are AFT's, not leo's, but I want to give them every chance to get it right. I had one of my male whiteouts show a ton of interest in a caramel lady, but it stopped at foreplay! LOL! Any input/advice/tricks you know would be great. Thanks in advance.

For the most part, I just want to get some damn conversation going about breeding AFT's. This part of geckoforums is reallllllly dead lately. I know there's AFT breeders/fanatics out there....somewhere!!

lillith

lillith's leo lovables
Does AFT season really start this early?
What circadian triggers do they need compared to leos?

I've always liked to do 1.1 pairings for the leos...I would probably do the same for my fatties.

Wild West Reptile

Leopards AFT Ball Pythons
Yes, it really does start this early. I already have gotten eggs, but they were the first clutches and duds. :( I'm trying everything, believe me!

I even have a leo that's starting to look like she's ready to go. Gonna be some Halloween Mask loving on Halloween! ;)

sunshinegeckos

I have no experience with this but just want to say I cant wait for you to have some baby AFT's so my Bella can have a boyfriend :) I have a few leo's that are ovulating already so I am taking the opportunity while I can and my Creme is having his fun lol

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
I have already began getting eggs and I've only seen 1 copulation ever. I just put the male in the females tub overnight and the rest is history. In my opinion all the tricks and stuff just throw them off!

Visit our friends