Introducing the male.

Cambo

Hi I haven’t started breeding yet, I’m just getting as much knowledge from everywhere before I start, so I joined this forum. So I’m hoping someone can help

what I’ve seen is when you introduce the male, and they successfully lock, the female will lay 2 eggs, but then I see that she can lay up to 20 eggs a season, does this mean if you pair once she will lay 2 eggs every month or so, or do you have to keep introducing the male after she has laid her eggs? And if that’s the case how long do you wait till introducing the male again?

if I was to get just 2 hatchling tubs (which I’m not this is metaphorically speaking) and I only paired the geckos once, and I only got 2 eggs, and I never introduce the male again after the 2 eggs, will I be surprised by more eggs each month or will she only lay 2 eggs ?

hope this makes sense haha

Cambo ✌️

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Geckos store sperm, which means that if they mate successfully you will get multiple clutches, I would imagine, at least 3. When I was breeding I left my male with his females for the entire season so hopefully someone who does it the other way will provide some information.

Aliza

Cambo

Geckos store sperm, which means that if they mate successfully you will get multiple clutches, I would imagine, at least 3. When I was breeding I left my male with his females for the entire season so hopefully someone who does it the other way will provide some information.

Aliza
Thankyou, I thought this was the case, but you can never be to sure !

ThisnThatExotics

Hi I haven’t started breeding yet, I’m just getting as much knowledge from everywhere before I start, so I joined this forum. So I’m hoping someone can help

what I’ve seen is when you introduce the male, and they successfully lock, the female will lay 2 eggs, but then I see that she can lay up to 20 eggs a season, does this mean if you pair once she will lay 2 eggs every month or so, or do you have to keep introducing the male after she has laid her eggs? And if that’s the case how long do you wait till introducing the male again?

if I was to get just 2 hatchling tubs (which I’m not this is metaphorically speaking) and I only paired the geckos once, and I only got 2 eggs, and I never introduce the male again after the 2 eggs, will I be surprised by more eggs each month or will she only lay 2 eggs ?

hope this makes sense haha

Cambo ✌️

Hey! Thought I’d reply here too. This is my first season breeding and I already have quite a few eggs in the incubator and have hatched out 5 hatchlings so far. With one of my females got paired about 5 times with a male before she laid her first clutch and I haven’t paired her since. She’s had 6 healthy clutches of 2 eggs each so far. One of my other females got paired once with my male and has also had 6 clutches , all two eggs besides the last two clutches who had just 1 egg. If you want to increase fertility rates, you can continue to re-pair your females and males throughout the season. I hope this helps! :)

Visit our friends