Is it ethical to keep leo's in high humidity?

ChloesCritters

In indonesia, leos are very popular pets. (and i mean very) Most people keep them in a high humidity environment since Indonesia has high humidity BUT i have never seen any leo get sick or have any problems with high humidity. Did they adapt to humidity or smth? I'm considering getting one if not an AFT gecko or a skink since humidifiers are expensive.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I think there's a difference between the ambient humidity being high and misting the cage. If leopard geckos are thriving in your country, it's a good sign. Just don't do things that will get the humidity even higher: use a small water bowl and don't use plants.

Aliza

ChloesCritters

I think there's a difference between the ambient humidity being high and misting the cage. If leopard geckos are thriving in your country, it's a good sign. Just don't do things that will get the humidity even higher: use a small water bowl and don't use plants.

Aliza
Thanks a lot for clarifying! When i heard that high humidity for leopard geckos is bad i was shocked since there are a bunch of great keepers who seem to have done their research. I will keep my future leos in an area with less humidity then most of the other areas of the house. Appreciate the help.

Visit our friends