Is my lighting/heating setup all good?

sydnehh

Heya! V new to all this but have done a ton of research! Got a gecko today after overthinking for ages and switching vivariums until I found this one with a gecko! The setup I have is a 3 1/2ft vivarium, wooden with a 2ft glass window at the top! I have a ceramic heater, a heat mat, a red bulb for night and a normal light for lighting! Just curious to if I can rest my ceramic heater on the glass (it’s obviously in a heat dome) and when I should turn it on/off! Regardless how much research I’ve done I really really don’t want to get this wrong!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Congrats on your new gecko. I think your light and heat are a little too much. Unless it's really cold where you are, the under tank heater is probably enough. Adding a ceramic heater to the mix may make the air too hot and dry. You can use a light, but as long as it's obvious in the room when it's day and when it's night, that's not necessary either.

Aliza

sydnehh

I haven’t used the ceramic heater at all yet, the temp is 29 - 32 (Celsius) on the warm side and I think that’s enough! Thankyou so much that’s acctually helped a lot!!
Congrats on your new gecko. I think your light and heat are a little too much. Unless it's really cold where you are, the under tank heater is probably enough. Adding a ceramic heater to the mix may make the air too hot and dry. You can use a light, but as long as it's obvious in the room when it's day and when it's night, that's not necessary either.

Aliza

Visit our friends