is this normal?

favrielle

Just for information: there is no way a 5 day old gecko can be considered to be "off feed" since it's way too early for the gecko to start eating reliably.

If you decide to get another gecko, please don't get one that's younger than 4-6 weeks or much smaller than 15 grams.

Aliza

^^ This.

I had a hatchling who didn't start eating until over a week old, and didn't eat reliably until about two-three weeks old. This "breeder" seems to be trying to cover up the fact they sold you a very young, severely disabled gecko.

donpool

he didn't make it. i woke up today and found him in a different part of the tub, an inch away from his previous position, with his feet at his sides, all stiff and not breathing :( i really shouldn't have bought him at that age...

tb144050

I am sorry to hear that. This is a horrible mystery all through it. So he actually walked on his own today? I've been wondering if he had control of his legs. :( I'm sorry to ask but..what he still standing when you found him, or was he "relaxed" (not stiff"?

Walter H. White

Dear Donpool I am so very sorry for this loss of your. I have been following this post. I am a novice but from what ihave read and I do a lot of reading bolth in the foorums and online ingeneral but No way should that gecko have been sold. And the fact that the breeder wouldn't take this poor little guy back just leads me to bleave that iwas an irresponsible breeder. Sorry for your loss again and for your next purchase make sure the gecko in question is ATLEAST 15-20 grams ( please correct me if I am wrong on these weights. as I have said I am a novice) good luck in a future. ALSO make sure you wash and sanitize this poor guys encloseure before you use it in anyother gecko or animails.

Dinosaur!

that is horrible! i am so sorry for your loss! but you did what you could while you had it. those people should NEVER have sold you A: an animal that young, and B: an animal showing menatal issues. whoever sold you that little baby doesnt deserve to breed leos if they arent even going to follow basic guidelines.

donpool

Thank you guys for the support!

As for the question earlier, I was too sad to even be able to take a pic of his dead body. But he was at a position where all his toes point the same way his tail points at, palms up... I never really should have bought him at that age or weight. It is also my inexperience in handling hatchlings that added up to the problem. I'll soon be posting about my hopefully successful hatchlings :main_yes: --as Magik, my SHTCT just laid her first clutch.

Hoping for the best,
Don

Visit our friends