it just gets worse

Wizardlizards

Fozzy Bear
As some of you may have read in the general discussion area, my normal male Simba lost his tail while having a sperm plug removes. Well now he looks to have prolapsed something out of his vent, and I don't know what it is. The big problem is I can't get him to the vet for at least two days. Today, sunday they are closed, and tomorrow, Monday my daughter is having her tonsils removed, so I will be at the hospital all day with her. I feel awful about this and I am so upset. I am keeping him in a moist clean enclosure, and am applying antibiotic cream to both the tail stub and the prolapse.

The vet assured me that the sperm plug needed to be removed, but other than the swelling he never showed any sign of discomfort. I am now worried I may have caused him un-needed harm, and the prolapse may be life threatening. I hate this part of pet ownership.

GroovyGeckos.com

"For the Gecko Eccentric"
I am keeping him in a moist clean enclosure, and am applying antibiotic cream to both the tail stub and the prolapse.

Thats all you can really do at this point. Until you can get him to the vet. It should be fine, good luck.

robin

tony the tail will heal with out any antibiotics on it however they do help sometimes in keeping the tail from getting too turnipy looking. however i would use kayro syrup on the "prolapse" and keep his enclsore moist at all times and very clean.

Visit our friends