Jungle carpet

Samyb24

So I'm looking into getting a first snake, as I love reptiles (especially my little Leo!) and BOOM, I found these stunning creatures. I've been researching like a madman for days and overall it seems people think while they may not be the perfect "beginner snake" they are good as first snake if your dedicated enough.

My questions are:

Do you think a jcp would make a good first snake

And can you give me a list of what would be needed to create suitable home (I have looked but it's always nice to have a true keeper explain)

Also...if you feel like showing off please feel free to post pics of your JCP's!

Thanks [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J&M UNE

Not a jungle carpet but here is my ij jag. And my big coastal female. Caging can be very simple and basic or very elaborate... Babies will use branches alot and are semi arboreal.. Don't be nervous if the baby is a little nippy at first they can be and will grow out of it with handling and putting on some size.... I highly recommend this book http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Comprehensive-Natural-History-Breeding/dp/098327892X carpets make great snakes and are one of the better display animals feel free to shoot me any questions...I work with more snakes than geckos
4895050084bbf712e6c5d2fcd12b2068.jpg
5d22513926e615cba7fe364339c254e0.jpg
5d96c269bbb19b04a5a68d82e90c72f9.jpg
last pic is my coastal next to my albino Burmese that 9+ feet. Coastal can get some size on them so if your wanting a smaller carpet avoid coastals.

Sent from my Z936L using Tapatalk

Samyb24

Omg that last picture is insane!!!!! I wish I could go for a larger snake like that now haha but I'm pretty sure I need to be sensible and stick to smaller carpet so I don't realise in a few years time I can't care for it 100% (I'm not saying that's the case I'd just be worried). Would you mind having a little chat with me about the type of setup these snakes need?

J&M UNE

bab03274eef2b26b5fad9c54398f2758.jpg
this is the only pic of one of the cages I have right now I will take some photos and chat with you later when I get off work

Kmay571

A good friend of mine had a jcp. He kept her in an old china cabinet he remodeled. I wish I had a picture. But it was about three feet long, two feet wide, and six feet tall. Had branches screwed into the sides and a big bin filled with water. On the bottom.

Samyb24

I've gotta be honest I was thinking like 4x3x2 :L should it be taller?

J&M UNE

4x3x2 would be a great cage for a jcp.. You could go taller and and more branches as well as hide boxes off attached to the top they really seam to like those...my big girl dosent do much climbing any more so her cage is 6x2.5x 2... A baby jcp will need a smaller cage to start out in this.. Tubs work great for growing up the snake for a while before going into its permanent home

Samyb24

I don't know many vivarium makes so I'm kinda limited to that size, plus I don't think I could make one myself

RachW

Sam here again, my phone died so I'm using my fiancé's. I was looking at the vivexotict large deep, what do you think? On a side note, we live in England so might not be able to use all the suppliers you guys do

J&M UNE

Sorry I haven't got back to you. Its been crazy busy here...I'm off work all day tomorrow and will shoot you a pm.

Samyb24

It's honestly fine, only just got my phone charged, been stuck in all the floods here in England haha

Visit our friends