just a quick hello and want to kick up some AFt conversation

UnderDogReptiles

Hello everyone my name is Scott hope everyones season has been going good I am not on here as much as I would like to be but I want that to change I will soon be working excusively with AFT geckos and hopefully do some great things with these awesome animals so I am wondering how is everyones season going and what projects everyone is working on any double or triple recessives take care :)

brillobee

Glittering Geckos
I was going to reply, but my season has been terrible. All but one egg so far has been bad. This is my first season and my eggs were surprises. I rescued a pair of normals in November and the female started laying shortly after. Next year I hope to try some amels, but these fatties are difficult.

geckobabies

African Fat Tails <3
Welcome Scott :) I would not take your lack of response personal. The Fat Tail forums do not draw much attention. Some breeders interact here at times, some never at all. This is also a very busy time of the year for a lot of breeders and it's hard to find the time to get on forums. I will say there are some great breeders on here and to be patient and hopefully more will chime in.

For me personally, I am having a good season. Lots of new morphs for me personally I hatched out this year which is always fun to see something you've never produced before. Some of my first this year are White Out Ghosts, White Out Zulus, White Out Zulu Caramels, Caramel Zulus, White Out Oreos and some other projects I am working on just for fun.

Fat Tails are awesome to work with. Welcome aboard.

2013_fattail_whiteout_zulu_het_caramel3.jpg

UnderDogReptiles

Hey Brillobee sorry to hear about your season hopefully it picks up and or next year makes up for this one and thanks for replying geckobabies I made this to just get us fat tail people together have some friendly conversation about the animals and eachother my second post was just a joke I thought I put haha at the end of it but apparently I didnt lol but with it being the season and this thread about afts I already prepared myself for no responses dont know why AFTs arent getting much love but I am well aware of who you are and how busy you must be and to still respond shows what kind of person you are I was already going to buy from you I think you have the cleanest and brightest looking whiteout patternless stripes out there but now you definitely have a customer my hats off to you glad you are working with AFTs and active on this forum good luck this season

OhioGecko

Mod Squad Member
The Fattie nation is rising :) I do see an increase in Fat Tail posts in forums/facebook and requests for them at reptiles shows. Unlike Jessica :), I have only hatched out 5 Fat Tails this year but I should have a lot more by the end of next week.

KTyne

Kayla
Fat-tails are just a slowly growing interest in the Gecko community, at least around here. In Alberta there are only a few very small breeders that work with AFTs and they only produce a handful of babies each year.
Next season I hope to be producing Amels as long as my Fatties reach breeding weight by then!
I just love AFTs, they are fantastic. :)

UnderDogReptiles

They really are KTyne very fascinating little guys i definitely want to be at the head of the ship when these things blast off they are incredible animals and ohiogecko you were another breeder i planned on emailing soon here about some animals read some of your responses to some posts about super zeros and all that and through reading your responses gained a lot of respect for you and of course some of the incredible animals i saw on your website any super zero males sitting around at your place?

geckobabies

African Fat Tails <3
thanks for replying geckobabies I made this to just get us fat tail people together have some friendly conversation about the animals and eachother my second post was just a joke I thought I put haha at the end of it but apparently I didnt lol but with it being the season and this thread about afts I already prepared myself for no responses dont know why AFTs arent getting much love but I am well aware of who you are and how busy you must be and to still respond shows what kind of person you are I was already going to buy from you I think you have the cleanest and brightest looking whiteout patternless stripes out there but now you definitely have a customer my hats off to you glad you are working with AFTs and active on this forum good luck this season

Awww :) Well thank you very much! We will have lots of White Out combos this season so just let me know if you see anything you like :)

As for the lack of interest, I agree with Thad I have seen it increase as well, but why it's not more popular I think is because of the price point of most morphs. When they drop I think the interest will rise. Not many people are willing or capable of shelling out hundreds if not thousands of dollars on an animal they are not sure they can breed or not. This season White Outs are already a lot more affordable and hopefully this is the beginning of a new trend for new Fat Tail owners. I love my Leopard Geckos and will never stop working with them, but Fat Tails are the coolest pet gecko IMO :)

Unlike Jessica :), I have only hatched out 5 Fat Tails this year but I should have a lot more by the end of next week.

Yea but they were 5 really good ones :)

OhioGecko

Mod Squad Member
As for the lack of interest, I agree with Thad I have seen it increase as well, but why it's not more popular I think is because of the price point of most morphs. When they drop I think the interest will rise. Not many people are willing or capable of shelling out hundreds if not thousands of dollars on an animal they are not sure they can breed or not. This season White Outs are already a lot more affordable and hopefully this is the beginning of a new trend for new Fat Tail owners. I love my Leopard Geckos and will never stop working with them, but Fat Tails are the coolest pet gecko IMO :)

Jessica hit the nail on the head. The pricing is coming down which is driving interest up :) Prices still have room to go down but if you want to get in on the front end of the market the timing is now.

Yea but they were 5 really good ones :)
Thanks Jessica :)

They really are KTyne very fascinating little guys i definitely want to be at the head of the ship when these things blast off they are incredible animals and ohiogecko you were another breeder i planned on emailing soon here about some animals read some of your responses to some posts about super zeros and all that and through reading your responses gained a lot of respect for you and of course some of the incredible animals i saw on your website any super zero males sitting around at your place?

Thank you for your comments :) The Zero/Stinger genetics are very tricky. Hopefully I will be hatching some males any day now! I do have some adult Super Zero/Stinger females available and Zero Males, just check out my available pages :)

Treefolk

Welcome Scott :) I would not take your lack of response personal. The Fat Tail forums do not draw much attention. Some breeders interact here at times, some never at all. This is also a very busy time of the year for a lot of breeders and it's hard to find the time to get on forums. I will say there are some great breeders on here and to be patient and hopefully more will chime in.

For me personally, I am having a good season. Lots of new morphs for me personally I hatched out this year which is always fun to see something you've never produced before. Some of my first this year are White Out Ghosts, White Out Zulus, White Out Zulu Caramels, Caramel Zulus, White Out Oreos and some other projects I am working on just for fun.

Fat Tails are awesome to work with. Welcome aboard.

2013_fattail_whiteout_zulu_het_caramel3.jpg

So green with envy. :D

But seriously, I gotta say good job and how much the construction of your gecko room is an inspiration to me. You guys run a tight ship! Do you have any adult White Out Zulu Caramel pictures? I absolutely love White Zulu's, so wondering how much different they are.

geckobabies

African Fat Tails <3
So green with envy. :D

But seriously, I gotta say good job and how much the construction of your gecko room is an inspiration to me. You guys run a tight ship! Do you have any adult White Out Zulu Caramel pictures? I absolutely love White Zulu's, so wondering how much different they are.

Thank you :) The gecko room was a ton of work anmoney but worth it many times over for the amount of time I spent down there.

Here is a photo of the male that produced those babies.

2011_fattail_whiteout_zulu_caramel3.jpg

UnderDogReptiles

definitely a beautiful animal I prefer just a regular carmel zulu or a white out zulu not saying I would not mind having one of those lol on another note I was really pushing for the patternless ghost to be purple but of course the orange pushed through and its all orange semi dissapointed and my favorite color is orange so thats not too good haha guess somebody is going to have to throw that to an oreo and see what happens

Treefolk

definitely a beautiful animal I prefer just a regular carmel zulu or a white out zulu not saying I would not mind having one of those lol on another note I was really pushing for the patternless ghost to be purple but of course the orange pushed through and its all orange semi dissapointed and my favorite color is orange so thats not too good haha guess somebody is going to have to throw that to an oreo and see what happens

The coloration are linebred traits. Gotta think back when SHTCT were actually yellow. I mean I have a female that is 8 years old and she looked nothing like the Tangerine lines there exist to day, even in her prime. Just gotta work your line into the coloration you want.

I feel like AFT are in their infancy and some people will focus down the dark patternless coloration and some will move more towards the orangish brown. Just a matter of personal preference.

Visit our friends