Just the right size??????

Byost86

Can anyone please tell me what they use for food and water dishes for their baby leo's please. I'm going to be making a racking system and I would like to know what everyone is using. As of now I'm using small Tupper wear lids because they are so shallow that the babies can get to them easy, but the problem with is as a food dish is my meal worms keep running lose in the aquarium which I don't want. Again thanks all for the advise.

-Brian

Rawfer

I'm using a Gatorade cap for water and meal-worm dish. Though I'm running into the same problem as you. My meal-worms keep getting out and making their way underneath the reptile carpet (I think that's what its called) But as a water bowl they work great!

DrCarrotTail

I use 3.5 inch disposable mealworms bowls for food and tea light candle holders for water. They work great so far! I somehow always need more than I have tho...haha

Byost86

The babies find the mealworms in that high of a container? I always thought it had to be flush with their line of sight. But if that works I may try it. Thanks

DrCarrotTail

The mealworm dish is only about 1/2 inch deep. I usually will put a couple on the floor of their bin for their first feeding if they don't find it within a day or two of shedding but after that most are waiting for me in or by their bowl every night when I feed...haha

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
I have been using petri dishes. They are clear, and the hatchlings can see their movement. With a piece of carrot in the dish, the mealworms will stay put.

Visit our friends