Juvenile gecko has ingested Tamodine - please help

JCTCbcfc01

10 days ago my beloved daughters 1 year old gecko mushu was diagnosed with a fungal infection on her skin so the vet prescribed us Tamodine wound cleanser which he told us to apply undiluted all over her body. Within 30 hours Mushu had shed and eaten her skin. Her skin now looks great but she is now not herself at all - not eating, lethargic, quite weak. We have today discovered that we were meant to have rinsed off the undiluted Tamodine and are now worried that by eating her skin she has also ingested a large amount of Tamodine. Has anyone had experience with this? Is there anything we can do? As I said, it was 10 days ago now and for the first few days afterwards she seemed fine, but been going downhill the last 4/5 days. Any advice would be so appreciated. Many thanks

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I replied on the other forum. To answer the part I didn't address, there are a number of debates, with no conclusive result, that I"ve read about euthanasia. I would imagine that if it got to that point you could take the gecko to a regular vet to do that. I've done that before in extreme situations.

Aliza

Visit our friends