krcd.com stealing pics!

Select Gex

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=413898&cat=31

1256fdg.png

I sent him this email:

Hello, my name is Matthew Kammerer, I was just wondering if you had permission to use this photo..

http://www.groundgeckofreak.com/Photos/teratolepistrio.jpg

But i'm sure you know where it came from.

If you do not, please remove it. I will call Jodi tonight to make sure he knows you are using it as well.

Waiting for a responce.. is this crazy or what? He is represening wild caught viper geckos as Jodi's CB fat adults..

IMG he is using..

teratolepistrio.jpg

robin

oh and have you reported it to kingsnake? make sure and tell them you have a screen shot of it incase he decides to take it down

S

Sarah H

Uggg......anyone recognize any of there other pics on the site?
the albino leopard geko pic on thier price list looked familiar to me.

Pro Geckos

professionalreptiles.com
Sarah H said:
Uggg......anyone recognize any of there other pics on the site?
the albino leopard geko pic on thier price list looked familiar to me.
Yeah, that albino with the green background is a K&N Reptiles pic.

S

Sarah H

Pro Geckos said:
Yeah, that albino with the green background is a K&N Reptiles pic.

I knew i recognized it. It was bothering me that I couldn't remember.

S

StormGecko

Has anyone contacted K&N? GOD! Why is it that you seem to run into some of the most unethical people in the reptile industry?!?! That is reason enough for me to never do business with them. I just wish there was some way to really expose people who pull crap like this...

Edit: Just making sure people knew that by "them" I mean KCRD, not K&N. I love Nicole and Kevin! :)

Franks_Geckos

Leopard Gecko Addict
IMO A good watermark that actually goes across the actual geckos (slightly)would help cut down on these things from happening and keep people a bit more honest.

W

www.KCRD.com

What a dirt bag. Who would ever think to post such an ad with a stolen photo?

Okay let me explain, not that it will help at all at this point.

When these geckos came in I was forwarded the photo from my importer so that I could post these for sale before I had them in my possession. Now that they are at my facility I can take an acutal photo of them, not that there is a big difference in quality from the photo and the actual animals. You guys are putting waaaay more into this then needed. I have run a very respectible business for the last four years, that's obvious from the posts on the BOI. Something as petty as this will never ruin a reputation when I continue to provide good healthy animals. Just as an FYI I want to thank whom ever posted this thread since I have received two more orders for these since the buyers saw the post on this forum.

N

NewportGeckos

www.KCRD.com said:
When these geckos came in I was forwarded the photo from my importer so that I could post these for sale before I had them in my possession.

Ok so you're saying that your importer is responsible for the picture and you had no idea it was stolen? Have you alerted your importer that it is illegal to steal pictures from the internet?

robin

www.KCRD.com said:
What a dirt bag. Who would ever think to post such an ad with a stolen photo?

Okay let me explain, not that it will help at all at this point.

When these geckos came in I was forwarded the photo from my importer so that I could post these for sale before I had them in my possession. Now that they are at my facility I can take an acutal photo of them, not that there is a big difference in quality from the photo and the actual animals. You guys are putting waaaay more into this then needed. I have run a very respectible business for the last four years, that's obvious from the posts on the BOI. Something as petty as this will never ruin a reputation when I continue to provide good healthy animals. Just as an FYI I want to thank whom ever posted this thread since I have received two more orders for these since the buyers saw the post on this forum.

ok you customer serve and quality of animals may be but none the less you are breaking copyright laws on the photos. whether they are actual prints or digital media they are still the pocession of the person whom took them and even if these are some photos your importers gave you simply by using (even not knowing) you are indeed breaking the law. which is very punishable by law in all states. i have seen what can happen to people whom use other photos without consent. so regardless of your "reptutation" on the BOI (ok thats a damn joke site lol) and possibly you may even have some quality imports, it does not excuse the fact that you are using stolen photos.. photos, art in any media whether or not it has a watermark on it. is the permission of the photographer/artist unless written consecent and/or the rights are bought. simple as that. go look it up.

Last edited by a moderator:

KelliH

KCRD -

I think an apology to the people whose pics you used without their permission is in order, and of course you should remove them from your site if you have not done that. I would be very pissed if someone was using my photos to sell their brokered leos. How would you feel if someone used a photo of one of your captive bred animals (you do breed reptiles, correct?) and used your photo and animal (that belongs to you) to sell a wholesale animal on their website. Basically using your picture to make money for themselves.

You cannot say with a straight face that you would be ok with that, can you?

W

www.KCRD.com

Ahh....

While you are correct in one since that it is a punishable offence to knowingly "steal" or use, however you want to put it, someone's copy protected photograph; it is NOT a punishable offence if the photograph is not marked copyrighted. The actual photo or artwork must be accompanied with the copyright symbol and the owner's name. Simply putting "All photos on this website are copyright protected by "___________" doesn't work in the courts. I know this since I had to had some published writings copyrighted a few years back. Each piece of art or writing must have a copyright stated with the owner's name. Contact a copyright attorney and see what they say.

I am not condoning the usage of other's photos, I am just saying that the whole copyright law is for the most part a toothless dog and 99.9999% of the time most court cases get thrown out due to the above stated.

Oh and by the way, simply putting the copy symbol on the photos won't technically hold up in court either if the accused actually persues countersuit for wrongful cause and illegal representation of a legal document if the accussed asks for the actual copyright liscense for the photo and the photo isn't registered. The case will get thrown out and the "owner" could face penalties for illegal representation of a legal document.

This really isn't a case that most people want to screw with as most people don't actually take the time and the money to copyright and register each and every photo with the Federal Copyright Agency.

Did I mention that some of you are blowing this waaaaaaaay out of perportion?

W

www.KCRD.com

KelliH said:
KCRD -

I think an apology to the people whose pics you used without their permission is in order, and of course you should remove them from your site if you have not done that. I would be very pissed if someone was using my photos to sell their brokered leos. How would you feel if someone used a photo of one of your captive bred animals (you do breed reptiles, correct?) and used your photo and animal (that belongs to you) to sell a wholesale animal on their website. Basically using your picture to make money for themselves.

You cannot say with a straight face that you would be ok with that, can you?

Cosidering the photo was never actually stolen since the photo most likely isn't registed witht the FCA I don't feel I owe anyone an appology as it is technically pubilc domain since it is on the internet with out being copy protected. All the photos on my website have been either taken by me or have been supplied to me with permission of the owners.

Oh and for the record I do produce some of the animals I sell. I either broker or breed all of the animals I sell. I broker for some of the best breeders and importers in the country. You would be suprised to see how many breeder's I broker for that choose to remain private so they don't have to deal with all the crap the retail side of this business presents.

Also to answer your question, I would be pleased to see my photos being used to represent someone's ad or website if I didn't take the proper steps to legally copy protect them. That just goes to show that obviously my animals would be the quality that others want to sell. There is obviously two ways to look at this glass, and you my dear are looking at it half empty.

S

silentjohn

www.KCRD.com said:
Cosidering the photo was never actually stolen since the photo most likely isn't registed witht the FCA I don't feel I owe anyone an appology as it is technically pubilc domain since it is on the internet with out being copy protected. All the photos on my website have been either taken by me or have been supplied to me with permission of the owners.

Oh and for the record I do produce some of the animals I sell. I either broker or breed all of the animals I sell. I broker for some of the best breeders and importers in the country. You would be suprised to see how many breeder's I broker for that choose to remain private so they don't have to deal with all the crap the retail side of this business presents.

Also to answer your question, I would be pleased to see my photos being used to represent someone's ad or website if I didn't take the proper steps to legally copy protect them. That just goes to show that obviously my animals would be the quality that others want to sell. There is obviously two ways to look at this glass, and you my dear are looking at it half empty.
Wasn't actually stolen? What a bunch of HS. It's not your photo, it was stolen. period. The fact that it's not registered is irrelevant. People like you (re; unethical, thieves) always think by talking like they know a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo, that they didn't do anything wrong. Photos, and other works are copyrighted when published, automatically. Sure if one doesn't go through the actual copyright/registered process it may be harder to prove, but that doesn't make it legal to STEAL. Doesn't make it right by any stretch [of an ethical, moral, average person's] of imagination.

The case will get thrown out and the "owner" could face penalties for illegal representation of a legal document.
Garbage. Show us a single case where that happened to anybody, or that a case was lost because someone proved they had the original item (photo), but was thrown out of court because it wasn't registered. Now I'm not talking about cases where it was thrown out or not even presented, because there was insufficient evidence. I'm directly asking about a specific instance in your statement.
simply putting the copy symbol on the photos won't technically hold up in court either if the accused actually persues countersuit for wrongful cause and illegal representation of a legal document if the accussed asks for the actual copyright liscense for the photo and the photo isn't registered. The case will get thrown out and the "owner" could face penalties for illegal representation of a legal document

Lastly, you mention the BOI, something about some great rep. or something. Guess what else is pretty common on the BOI? Unethical bad guys always have the best animals, most business, and always sell more stuff as a result of their lapses.
Just as an FYI I want to thank whom ever posted this thread since I have received two more orders for these since the buyers saw the post on this forum.
I broker for some of the best breeders
Wow, what a coincidence.

Visit our friends