Leachie Gecko Paludarium?

funimationdeath

Hi, so I'm a somewhat new leachie owner(5months), and am going to be purchasing a custom enclosure for her that I'm planning on making bioactive.

I have read a few threads on crested gecko paludariums, but I wanted so input/advice before starting the design of the enclosure.

Has anyone done this successfully, or unsuccessfully?

The planned enclosure is 2x2x3.5

I was thinking of having it about 1/2 land 1/2 water with the land sloping into the water. With a depth of about 6-9 inches.

To avoid drowning I thought adding large climbing branches that go into the pool at various spot.

Is this safe, is there a way to make it safe?

Attachments

• PXL_20210801_044418736.jpg
    PXL_20210801_044418736.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It's likely that your leachie won't spend that much time on the ground anyway. I have a big cork bark round for my leachie and if you set it behind or above the water, it should be safe. The real question is how yucky is the water going to be if it ends up full of leachie poop and/or drowned crickets (if your leachie eats crickets)?

Aliza

funimationdeath

It's likely that your leachie won't spend that much time on the ground anyway. I have a big cork bark round for my leachie and if you set it behind or above the water, it should be safe. The real question is how yucky is the water going to be if it ends up full of leachie poop and/or drowned crickets (if your leachie eats crickets)?

Aliza
That could definitely be an issues. She hasn't taken any live food I've offered her, she's pretty attached to her CGD.

But those big leachie poops might be an issue. I've never done a paludarium before, so I'm unsure if an aquarium filter could handle that.

Visit our friends