Leo female has not eaten for a looooong time, soft poo +grit

Loulou

My Leo girl Asia is still not eating. Just tried to force feed her but that failed. And she pooed in the process, and as has been the case since she stopped eating, it was runny. But also, and again, not the first time, she also dropped out some weird gritty matter, sandy colour with a hint of blood possibly, and some tiny bit of white stuff that looks like the regular white stuff they produce like uric or whatever it is called. PIX
She was treated for worms early Dec(following a vet visit) then again mid December. Then was given a regimen of Emeraid for a week or so. I also changed her habitat and treated her for eye shed problems and a mouth thrush. Those seem all sorted now, yet still no luck.
She has been given superworms, small dubias, and wax worms but shows no interest. Seems reasonably active and her tail is still acceptable.

Added a little lamp for a little extra warmth and she has a heat mat. Under carpet covered with kitchen towel. Bathing her twice a week, has a warm hide, a moist one and a soil area with coconut husk in case she wants to lay. Temps are as good as I can get them, on the cooler side in the cool end, hot side not too hot.
ANY IDEA WHAT THAT GRITTY MATTER IS?

75583 75584 75585

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I have to admit, I don't have a clue, unless it's just tiny bits of poop. It sounds as if she's been through a lot lately and it may take awhile for her appetite to return.

Aliza

LoveReps

To me it seems she could've consumed some of her soil the last time she ate. I could be wrong but that's at least one possibility. If her appetite doesn't resume soon I suggest taking her to a vet. Bring along a fecal sample so they can test it and see what's going on. I know shes been through alot already and that could be the problem, but if she doesn't start eating again then there could be an underlying issue. Best of luck to you and your gecko.

Visit our friends