Leo not seemingly growing

Nate Davis

First time poster here, but long time reader. I purchased two leopard gecko's from ++++++++ i'd say about 2 months ago. I did not get a birth date as of course ++++++++ didnt know, and I went against my instinct of getting them from a breeder.
But, lesson learned. I am beginning to worry about her as she doesnt seem to be growing. She has shed twice, and currently has some stuck shed on her head. By comparison in size to the other I purchased at the same time, he has more than doubled in size, and she has not. She eats very well, but spends most of her time in the cold hide, except for after eating. She will go to her warm, or moist hide for awhile.
Should I be concerned? Her tail doesnt seem to be fattening up, and as I stated she doesnt seem to grow. Any help would be appreciated, and below is the copy paste of her tank etc

• Basic information
  • Geckos Name: Cookie
  • Weight: unknown. Need to get a scale
  • Morph: No current pic, but seems to be normal. Will post later tonight
  • How many geckos in tank:1
  • Enclosure 20 Gal Long
  • Tank size: 20 gal
  • Substrate: Tile
  • Thermometer type(include location): Digital probe, in warm hide
  • Temperatures: 86 - 91
  • Heating devices used: Heating pad + thermostat.
  • Hides:Warm hide( Log) Moist hide (Tupperware cont with echo earth) and cool hide on cool side
  • Diet Refuses all worms. Will only eat crickets.
  • Feeders used: Crickets fed with cricket meal ( Calcium etc)
  • How much: 8 to 10 small crickets
  • How often:daily
  • Do you gutload the feeders: Yes
  • Supplements(what kind, how often):Calcium with d3 three times a week, multivitamin the other 4 days

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Welcome to posting on GF! If she's eating 8-10 crickets a day, I don't see how she can eat more than that (I guess you could try larger crickets). Some geckos just grow slowly. It's rare, but there are leopard geckos that are dwarves. In that case, their head is usually out of proportion to their body --the head looks normal size and the body looks kind of squished. There is always a chance she has a parasite. You may want to consider taking her to a reptile vet to get tested. Sometimes they need a poop sample and sometimes they can swab the vent.

Aliza

Visit our friends