leopard gecko chilling on rock

leopardgeckonewbie

my leopard gecko is chilling on top of his hide, and i dont understand why!! he doesnt usually but has been in the past few days. he has two other hides that rnt hot!! one in the middle and one cold, he never uses the cold one. but whenever hes done using the hot hide hell go into the middle hide, but recently hes been laying on this hide. anyone know if hes dying? haha i hope not. also is algae growing in his water dishes ok? i scrub most of it off but like some is still there

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 10

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Your gecko looks very relaxed and happy. Sometimes they just like to sit up on their hides. One thing you can do just in case is to check the temperature of the floor inside the hot hide (with a digital thermometer and probe). If it's above the low 90's, it's too hot and that may be why he's out of the hide. If you're not using a thermostat, I can almost guarantee it's too hot.

Aliza

leopardgeckonewbie

Your gecko looks very relaxed and happy. Sometimes they just like to sit up on their hides. One thing you can do just in case is to check the temperature of the floor inside the hot hide (with a digital thermometer and probe). If it's above the low 90's, it's too hot and that may be why he's out of the hide. If you're not using a thermostat, I can almost guarantee it's too hot.

Aliza
lol!!! the one with the probe broke so i just have the one thats on the velcro, but every here and there ill put it on the ground to get the temp there

Visit our friends