Leopard gecko doesn't like new crickets-any irresistible gutloading tips?

ness1446

I got a leopard gecko about a month ago-she was eating like a champ at first (she wanted to eat like 10 crickets a day) but then we got new crickets from a different pet store and she doesn't like them anymore. The obvious answer is to buy them from the same store, but unfortunately I don't have access. I'm going to switch stores again if she ever makes it through this batch, but thats going to take forever. She also refuses to eat mealworms, and is ambivalent at best about supers. I'm guessing shes just getting used to the change in diet, but does anyone know of a cricket food that might entice her back into eating them? I feed them flukers high calcium cricket diet and some carrots at the moment.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I don't think crickets from different places taste that much different (though I've never tried them!). There could be a lot of reasons for her eating less including growing, ovulating, winter. Keep offering and as long as her tail isn't getting thinner, try not to worry.

Aliza

dmayer1037

Is she as active as usual? If not , it's probably brumation- leopard gecko idea of hibernation. Everything slows done. They're less active, eat much less . Not all leos do this. My 16 year old never did, but my year old does. If you're really concerned try a few waxworms, they are a leo treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visit our friends