Leopard gecko eggs

Shrapnailed

I am trying to figure out this egg thing. My leo had her first clutch on the 3rd and I lost one of the eggs im pretty sure but i have both eggs still in my exo terra incubator. how often does the female lay a clutch? Do I need to continue to mate her with the male or will she continue to keep laying fertile eggs?

CrestieKO

Your gecko will lay eggs every 30-35 days. And I lost both of my eggs on my first clutch its normal for the first. But alone the way you could have more infertile eggs. So keep trying if you want to.

-Ava

CrestieKO

If you want to you can. I can't tell you if you can or not, it's up to you. Also when you have another clutch make sure you don't spray the eggs with water or make sure if you have a lid on have a little hole so the eggs can breath.Because you you spray them, bad heat, no breathing holes your eggs can grow mold.

-Ava

Shrapnailed

I read that you could put athletes foot fungus powder on the eggs to help with mold, is that true? Also, I meant if i DO NOT mate them will she lay more eggs? I WANT more eggs, just trying to figure out if i have to continue the mating routine to get them or she lays eggs all breeding season because she laid her first clutch.

CrestieKO

I don't know about the athlets foot fungus thing but if you want you can try it. Also if you stop mating them she will lay eggs for a year with baby's ( some could be infertile ) but then after a year she will still lay eggs but they will be infretile. And I'm a breeder ( small one ) ,and im just starting and I had the questions you had, I give her a break during winter time because so she could relax and I heard that that's the best time because in the wild they have a break because it's cold out.

-ava

Shrapnailed

Oh yes I plan on giving her a break just trying to get a Diablo Blanco and didnt know all the ins and outs of breeding. I was very successful when creating breeding strains with fish and now i want to try my hand at some other animals. Starting small. Just two males and one female. all caged seperatly.

Visit our friends