Leopard gecko incubator

OctobersDusk

Anybody know if the Little Giant 9300 will work okay for leopard gecko eggs? I'm looking into breeding my leos but I don't want to spend a ton on an incubator until I'm sure I'm going to keep doing it.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Based on what I read, that incubator is very much like the "Hobovator" which is a popular beginner leopard gecko incubator. Here are some things to consider:
--make sure the incubator will not turn the eggs. Chicken eggs need to be turned but not gecko eggs
--If you keep the incubator in a place where the ambient temperature in the room exceeds the incubation temp (I live in New England without AC), this incubator will not cool, so the temperature will rise inside the incubator as well. If you have AC this is not an issue
--Most of the time the thermostats and thermometers are not the best, though many people have successfully hatched gecko eggs without upgrading them.

Aliza

OctobersDusk

I ended up buying it (I could always return it and the eggs are currently stable in my homemade incubator) and the temp was fine but it couldn't hold humidity whatsoever, maybe the one I got was flawed but I just took it back, thank you though

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It's great, as long as you have something that works. Usually the humidity inside the incubator itself may not be that high, but the eggs are kept in sealed glassware containers inside the incubator and with damp substrate, the humidity is usually acceptable.

Aliza

Visit our friends