Leopard gecko locations

Sandra

I was asked to revise an article about leopard geckos and it has a section about geographical distribution that I think its too vague. Looking here and there (mainly in the leopard gecko wiki) I found the locations of some of the species:

E.angramainyu: Iraq, Iran, Syria, Turkey
E.hardwickii: East India, Bangladesh
E.fuscus: West India
E.m.afghanicus: Afghanistan... duh.
E.m.fasciolatus: ???
E.m.macularius: ???
E.m.montanus: Pakistan
E.m.smithi: ???
E.m.turmenicus: North Iran, Turkmenistan

I'd like to know if these locations are correct and the ones that I'm missing... Would somebody be so kind to help me? :)

G

Gecko

E.m.turmenicus last I heard was a species.

Some of these may or may not be valid. Some look different, but who knows.
E.m.afghanicus: Afghanistan... duh.
E.m.fasciolatus: ???
E.m.macularius: ???
E.m.montanus: Pakistan

Best thing might be to look up where the type locality comes from.

T

Tomek

E.m.afghanicus: Afghanistan... duh. (southern Afghanistan Montains and the central tableland)
E.m.fasciolatus: Pakistan Coast
E.m.macularius: Pakistan Central
E.m.montanus: Pakistan Montains (north) border to Afghanistan

A

AtlantaHerp

I will be going to Afghanistan with the Georgia National Guard in May, I will let you know what I find. I will be in Southern Afghanistan.

Sandra

Thanks for the info Tomek :)

Good look there AtlantaHerp. Field herping in Afghanistan, sounds good. If you find anything please share! There's not much research done on leopard geckos in their natural habitat or at least I haven't found much.

I'm getting "The Eyelid Geckos" book soon. I suppose there will be some interesting information on subspecies and their locations. When I'm done reading it I'll post the locations that are missing.

Visit our friends