Leopard gecko losing weight and now gagged

Geckomother

About your leo:
- Male (I’m pretty sure)
- approximately 3 years old, 45g
- have owned for 3 years
- pet store adoption

A) Health/History
- we handle him frequently. We try to hold him for at least 20 minutes a day but some days it doesn’t happen
- he has been eating much less over the past few weeks. He just shed a few days ago and threw up a ball of skin. He then go the skin from his head stuck and I had to take it off for him. Since then he has been keeping his eyes closed even when he’s awake and today started gagging but not producing anything from it and he hasn’t eaten any worms in about a week
- No problems in the past
B) Fecals
- normal feces but less I assume because he’s not eating
- he has never been to the vet. He has always been very healthy
C) Problem
- he has been eating much less over the past few weeks. He just shed a few days ago and threw up a ball of skin. He then go the skin from his head stuck and I had to take it off for him. Since then he has been keeping his eyes closed even when he’s awake and today started gagging but not producing anything from it and he hasn’t eaten any worms in about a week
- the problem started a few weeks ago but has rapidly gotten more sever in the last 4 days

Housing:
A) Enclosure
- He was in a 10 gallon tank but we were concerned he was depressed so we recently upgraded him to a 29 gallon tank
- Glass
- Reptile carpet
- two hides both plastic and a humidity hut
B) Heating
- a day heat lamp and a night heat lamp, a heating pad that sticks to the bottom of his cage in one corner
- hot side 80 degrees Fahrenheit cool side 70 degrees Fahrenheit
- the lamps are changed once it gets dark outside
- Thermometer stuck on the side of his tank
- two heat lamps one with daylight bulbs and one with night bulbs
C) Cage mates
- None

Describe Diet:
A) Typical diet
- meal worms or super worms and occasional wax worms as a treat
- Left in dish
B) Supplements (describe how often)
- Repetivite sprinkled on food
- bought to supplement calcium but also contains phosphorus, d3 and amino acid complexes

Attachments

• A1BD7411-3197-4A5C-B5E2-E1B26673440B.jpeg
    A1BD7411-3197-4A5C-B5E2-E1B26673440B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
The temperature on the floor of the hot side should be more like 90, though this may not be the problem. I think a vet visit may be a good idea.

Aliza

Visit our friends