Leopard gecko Loss of appetite ,itching, and lethargy

Shiidreams

So I haven't posted on here in a while, mainly because I haven't needed to asked any questions! My leopard gecko has suddenly had some issues sprout up which is worrying to say the very least of it! He has plenty of calcium dust and vitamin powder on his insects, the proper heating ,lighting, and always had water to drink.

It started with itching and scratching his back and head on the cork bark with no real reason because there weren't any shedding issues nor has he been in contact with mites of any sort! Next he flat out refused food and was pretty lethargic but I managed to get him to eat five mealworms today but it took thirty minutes instead of the usual five minutes! I'm really worried and his body looked pretty flat in there, maybe it was because he was laying down but it has never in the five months I've owned him, he has never looked like that.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
In all honesty I have no idea. If there's any way you can set up a reptile vet appointment I'd recommend it. It's not unusual for geckos to stop eating for awhile, but if all this other stuff is going on, maybe there's another problem. If you can't get to a vet and can spring for a few crickets or super worms just for a change, he might go for them.

Aliza

Visit our friends