Leopard Gecko morphs

Kubera23

Hello. I bought five geckos since November from different owners, a pair that didn't really know how to keep a healthy pet really, so I took the geckos in not to leave them with them. they weren't informed on what the morphs of the geckos are, I have my thoughts, but I'm not sure. Can you make some educated guesses? The two bigger ones are female and have lived together peacefully in a big terrarium for a few weeks now, the little ones are two males and a female, and for the moment live in plastic tubs, not enormous, but with warm, wet and cold hides each, until I can make more room for them.
15850164630186988468083123509553.jpg 15850165051335143995099288335740.jpg 15850165538174900035793704022180.jpg IMG-20200319-WA0044.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_20200319_162022.jpg
    IMG_20200319_162022.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 4
    IMG_20200319_162022.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 5
    IMG_20200319_162022.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 4

LoveReps

Here are my guesses:
Tremper albino
High yellow (though I'm not quite sure on that one)
High yellow
Tangerine
Hypo tangerine

Unfortunately, without knowing any genetic imformation, there isn't a way of telling what the morphs are. I hope my guesses give you a general idea.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I would agree except I think you can call #3 a hypo since it has relatively few spots and #4 may eventually be a hypo tangerine or a super hypo depending on what happens to its spots.

Aliza

Kubera23

Here are my guesses:
Tremper albino
High yellow (though I'm not quite sure on that one)
High yellow
Tangerine
Hypo tangerine

Unfortunately, without knowing any genetic imformation, there isn't a way of telling what the morphs are. I hope my guesses give you a general idea.
King of what I thought too, I didn't know about the albino because the other ones I've seen were always darker, the seller kept insisting it was a blaze morph, but I've never heard of it, and he was a first time owner, so I guessed he simply understood badly the breeder.
Thank you for the reply

Kubera23

I would agree except I think you can call #3 a hypo since it has relatively few spots and #4 may eventually be a hypo tangerine or a super hypo depending on what happens to its spots.

Aliza
That's in line with what I thought, I really like the 4# one, she's my favorite in colour. I can't wait to see how she becomes as a grown up.
Thanks for the reply

LoveReps

I thought #4 might've been a hypo but it just looked more like a high yellow to me because I know they can show fewer spots than a normal gecko.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I think super hypo, hypo and high yellow are on a sliding scale from no spots, to 10 spots or fewer, to more than 10 spots but not covered in spots. It may be that if we counted the spots on #4 we may find that there are, say, 12 and not 10, but there were so few that it seemed more like a hypo to me, but others may feel differently.

Aliza

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It's easiest to tell with a photo of the whole gecko from above. From what I can see, the first is a hypo (less than 10 body spots) jungle (tail bands and body bands are broken, meaning that they don't go from side to side completely).
The second is harder to tell because of the angle. It's probably a Murphy's patternless (google to see what an adult will look like --the markings will fade and the gecko will be cream yellow with a clean white tail), but there's a chance it's an albino, in which case the markings will not fade.

Aliza

egreener

It's easiest to tell with a photo of the whole gecko from above. From what I can see, the first is a hypo (less than 10 body spots) jungle (tail bands and body bands are broken, meaning that they don't go from side to side completely).
The second is harder to tell because of the angle. It's probably a Murphy's patternless (google to see what an adult will look like --the markings will fade and the gecko will be cream yellow with a clean white tail), but there's a chance it's an albino, in which case the markings will not fade.

Aliza

I will try to get better pictures & hopefully it'll help. The girl at petsmart said the bottom one was albino but i take what they say with a grain of salt.

Visit our friends