Leopard gecko not eating and abnormally active

Sarahp1738

the past week my leopard gecko, Diego, has been completely ignoring food and just keeps on walking around. Typically he is asleep during the day and lightly active at night with a good appetite. But now he doesn’t acknowledge worms and is always on the go, when I open the door he keeps trying to come out but he never showed any interest before. I filled out some questions to help
About your leo:
- Male
- 3 years old I’m not sure weight at the moment but he is on the larger side
- owned him for 2 years
- I got him from a neighbor who got him from petco I believe

A) Health/History
- Once a week typically while I’m cleaning
- not eating, very active, possibly sleeping less during the day, not positive though
- he has always been very healthy, although he did have an eye issue about 6 months ago with stuck shed which required vet visits and him to be fed a food replacement but he made a full recovery

B) Fecals
- they look normal, but they are smaller
- He last pooped 2 days ago
C) Problem
- problem described at the top

Housing:
A) Enclosure
- About 25 gallons
- wooden vivarium
- repticarpet
- Has a humid hide, 2 hammocks, log hide, and fake plants

B) Heating
- Heating pad underneath log hide
- 80 degrees air temp on warm side, unknown temp of the cool side atm
- No lights besides a window next to his tank

C) Cage mate
- no cage mates

Describe Diet:
A) Typical diet
- He gets 4 of the small mealworms every night
- I put 2 in the dish and hand feed 2 mealworms but he typically eats both ways

B) Supplements (describe how often)
- I use zoo med repticalcium which is left in a dish and dusted on his worms and I also use Fluker’s reptile vitamin

thank you in advanced, I also wanted to mention that right now a vet is not an option, I do not have a license and currently do not have anyone to drive me for a long time. I also still have left over food replacement from the vet that is still good, so that is an option if his weight drops. Right now I cannot see any change in his appearance.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
You could try a few crickets or super worms to see if he's more interested in things that move more. Otherwise, keep offering and try not to worry. They go without eating for quite awhile sometimes.

Aliza

Sarahp1738

You could try a few crickets or super worms to see if he's more interested in things that move more. Otherwise, keep offering and try not to worry. They go without eating for quite awhile sometimes.

Aliza
Thank you I will keep trying to feed him and see how it goes. He does look a little grey so he could be shedding soon and stressed.

Visit our friends