Leopard gecko not going in heat hide

levitheleo

My two year old male leopard gecko isn’t going into his heat hide or even that side of his house. He stays in his cold hide which is on the far side of his cage or a wood cork more towards the cold side. I tried luring him to the warm hide but he won’t budge. His belly is very cold and I’m not sure on what to do. He has a 20 gallon long that he got in June and had no issue finding heat when he switched and this just started a week ago. Just wondering if anyone knew what to do. Thanks

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Have you checked the temperatures on the floor of the hot side with either a heat gun or a digital thermometer with a probe? Perhaps it's too hot for him. If you don't have a thermostat, there's a good chance that it is too hot. If you're in the northern hemisphere and don't have air conditioning, he may just be more comfortable on the cool side this time of year. That's where most of my leopard geckos are.

Aliza

levitheleo

I did check and the temperature hasn’t changed at all and is at it’s normal temperature. We have air conditioning and live in the northern hemisphere. Just he has never done this, the temperature didn’t change, and he is really cold on his belly. He feels colder today than yesterday

Visit our friends