Leopard Gecko "Seizure"??

Meagan129

Hi everyone! I thought I'd reach out and see if anyone had any advice before I spent hundreds on a vet visit- I know you're all extremely knowledgeable, more than I am.

Backstory- I have this leopard gecko, her name is Jawa, and she's about a year old. She's never been good at hunting and I generally need to hand feed her to get something in her. She's still nice and chunky, but she's never seemed "all there" in one way or another. We eventually took her to the vet, who said that she likely had vision problems/partially blind and that was why she could respond to the movement of a bug, but miss it by a mile on her own. We accepted that as that, and I just rearranged her cage to make it a bit more simple as she bumbles through life. Sometimes when she'd tried to catch something and missed with a bit too much gusto, she'd slightly roll over or lose her balance.

Tonight, however, she did something very strange. I went to clean her cage after she'd already been up and active for about half an hour. She was trying to catch a stray cricket that had been hiding in a plant, and missed it about a million times. When I noticed and got up to help her catch it, she stood up on her legs really tall and wagged her tail before taking a couple steps like that and then eventually just completely flopping over. She rolled over and over and thrashed around for about twenty seconds before managing to get up and was breathing very heavily afterward and just standing still. I didn't touch her through the process, I was scared and didn't know if that would only make things worse if I tried to scoop it up. I love her and am worried about her, I'm just not sure if anyone has seen or heard about something like this? I'll do what I need to help her, but I'm also hesitant to take her to a very expensive exotic vet again just for them to tell me there's nothing they can really do.

Edit: After looking up a few videos, I'm not sure it was a seizure, what I saw was more of them getting stiff, but Jawa was flopping and rolling around. I'm still completely clueless and just want to help her.

Meagan129

This is her. Her morph is supposedly some sort of albino patternless stripe, or something along those lines. she's just orange and spotty to me haha. The picture is a couple of months old, it's the best I have on my computer and I don't want to wake her up again, but she looks the same lol.

Attachments

• IMG_2610.jpg
    IMG_2610.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 7

Wyspie

I have no advice since I'm still in my first few months as a leopard gecko mom, but I did want to say that Jawa is a very pretty girl! I love how her whole body is yellow, and then her tail is all white. So cute!

Visit our friends