Leopard gecko skittish and crested not eating

Jackedgar1

hi,
I got my leopard gecko over a month ago and shes still very skittish and likes to jump off you when trying to hold her, can anyone suggest any tips for taming her? (She's 8-10 months old)

Also y crested gecko which I got around 3 weeks ago hasn't eaten much since I got her, she has no interest in bugs and only licks a tiny bit of repashy off something, any tips or things that would help her eat more?

Thanks

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If your leopard gecko is a juvenile, it may get more comfortable when it gets bigger. Unfortunately some leopard geckos just never like being held. If you can hold it over the cage for just a minute or two every day, it may get calmer.

I have a bunch of crested geckos and sometimes it seems as if the CGD is untouched. Sometimes it's that way for weeks or more. They are still growing and pooping, though. If she'll let you hold her, you could try poking a bug at her mouth to see if she'll bite it. Some cresties need to be taught that bugs taste good. Otherwise, keep offering and check for poops.

Aliza

Visit our friends