Leopard gecko terrarium

Slevesque110

I made a nice terrarium for my gecko I know they’re a desert species and my tank is pretty tropical but the temp and humidity is desert like I was wondering if any of you thought it was too small I’ve given him 3 hides one with total privacy one humid and one where he is pretty open but he stays there often, I’ve also made a mezzanine for him for some extra exploration space, I don’t want to have to buy a bigger tank length wise because I don’t have enough room but is he too cramped? 9065DBCA-A988-460F-B40C-219F51673CD1.jpeg FF5CC577-559F-4D86-AE1B-B7AD56FF1FEB.jpeg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Adding that second level is always a good idea to add more space. I think the enclosure gives the gecko lots of places to hide which it should enjoy. What size is your enclosure? If it's a 12x12x18" it really is too small for a leopard gecko and you would do better to get an 18x18x18" (or 18x18x12) which is more appropriate for a terrestrial gecko and only 6" wider than what you have.

Aliza

Slevesque110

Adding that second level is always a good idea to add more space. I think the enclosure gives the gecko lots of places to hide which it should enjoy. What size is your enclosure? If it's a 12x12x18" it really is too small for a leopard gecko and you would do better to get an 18x18x18" (or 18x18x12) which is more appropriate for a terrestrial gecko and only 6" wider than what you have.

Aliza
It is 18x18x24

AndyBunn

I made a nice terrarium for my gecko I know they’re a desert species and my tank is pretty tropical but the temp and humidity is desert like I was wondering if any of you thought it was too small I’ve given him 3 hides one with total privacy one humid and one where he is pretty open but he stays there often, I’ve also made a mezzanine for him for some extra exploration space, I don’t want to have to buy a bigger tank length wise because I don’t have enough room but is he too cramped? View attachment 79494 View attachment 79495
What an awesome set up.

Visit our friends