Leopard gecko with red inflamed anus and sluggish

Leopardgecko888

Hi everyone. Just joined the forum. Not sure if I'm posting in the right section. My daughter decided that she wanted to have a leopard gecko so we purchased one at the pet store around 4 months ago. Starting about a month ago it stopped eating. At first I thought it was due to shedding. But it just became more and more sluggish, eyes are not quite opening as much and just generally not looking happy. We just put a humid hide in there for her and when I did she started shedding like crazy. Was eating a majority of it and had the first poop for the past couple weeks. The brown part was moist but not runny. And now it's anus is looking a bit swollen and red. It's currently in a 10 gallon and I was planning and was planning on changing to a 20 soon. But is this gecko doomed? I run a heat mat on the warm side. Around like 87 F. Please help! Sorry for long post

BLUSH50

Hi everyone. Just joined the forum. Not sure if I'm posting in the right section. My daughter decided that she wanted to have a leopard gecko so we purchased one at the pet store around 4 months ago. Starting about a month ago it stopped eating. At first I thought it was due to shedding. But it just became more and more sluggish, eyes are not quite opening as much and just generally not looking happy. We just put a humid hide in there for her and when I did she started shedding like crazy. Was eating a majority of it and had the first poop for the past couple weeks. The brown part was moist but not runny. And now it's anus is looking a bit swollen and red. It's currently in a 10 gallon and I was planning and was planning on changing to a 20 soon. But is this gecko doomed? I run a heat mat on the warm side. Around like 87 F. Please help! Sorry for long post
Hi
Your daughter's Leo needs a hands on examination by a reptile vet. The list of possibilities of what can be happening is long. It's mainly the swelling that is of most concern. As far as the enclosure size, the bigger the better as long as you can afford to heat it. More space means more room for the Leo to explore once acclimated. Is the UTH controlled by a thermostat? You can also post a picture of the tank if you would like suggestions.

Visit our friends