Leopard gecko wont stop shedding

ally

Hello everyone, I need some help with a new leo I got a few month ago. I got him as a rescue and he wasn't living in such a great tank. since I have had him he's shed a bunch of times, once he stops shedding after a few days he starts getting darker again. he's shed maybe three times this month and I don't know if that's normal or not? I currently have him in a 24x18 tank with tile for the floor, the temperature is about 85 degrees above his heat mat. he has a moist hide to, and I have been using zoo meds repti shed.

one more question: after he sheds he stil has a bunch left on his head and feet I'm worried about the shed on his face because its keeping him from eating, how could I get that off?

Edit: I'm not sure how old he his but he looks to be grown up

Last edited:

brewerae

When I first got my leopard gecko he did the exact same thing. He shed like every 10 days for the first month and a half. He seems to have slowed down now. And I haven't noticed any issues.
To get the dry skin off use a damp q tip to very gently wipe it away. Very important to keep their mouths, eyes and toes clear of shed skin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leo844

You should definitely measure him! If he is either 6-10 inches, he is most likely an adult! Adults are only supposed to shed about once a month! An adult shedding 3 times a month is worrisome especially if the skin on him isn't fully coming off... If he is a juvenile it isn't as much to worry about, he might just be growing quickly

Visit our friends