Leopard Gecko's - Getting Sick

Geckomaster743

This is a Forum for People who may have had the same problem as my Gecko did.

About 7 Days ago my Leopard Gecko had been put in a New Tank ( Made of Plastic Box from Target ). I was Expecting to get more gecko's in the Future and Buying 80$ cages Can be Expensive so i decided to do what professional breeder's do, I got a Plastic Box, Left the lid open because they couldn't climb it because it was so high, Then i put down some paper towel hoping they would like the texture like carpet and it would be easier to clean. After doing all of this i forget to get an under heater and my 3 Gecko's got cold. Next morning my Female stopped eating and the others were acting a bit weird. After 2-3 Days they had begun eating again but not with motivation. Though 1 Gecko Stopped Eatting that was my Female. Her Problem is mainly what this Forum is about.

After being cold for some time i had quickly got a Heat Lamp and set it up on there area. After trying to force feed her nothing was working, I was afraid she was going to die. A Vet would be expensive and i couldn't let this happen to her. Now if your Gecko - Gecko's have started doing this, This is my advice.

-Make sure to have an Under Heater or Heat Lamp.
-Make sure to have a Night Lamp or Keep the Heat up. ( You won't need to do Nethier if your House isn't that Cold but i highly Suggest you do )
-If She Rejects food try offering an hour later.
- If this Happens for more then 2-3 days buy Fluker's Repta + Boast Kit. It has a Syring, A small Gram measuring Spoon and Cup and Power Boost Powder full of Vitamins and Protien.
I Feed this to my Gecko for 2 Days and Offered meal worms before I feed it to her. If she rejected i would feed her as much as she would drink. When she stopped i would put her back in her cage to rest and relax. Then i would try again an hour later. On my 3rd Day of Repta Boost ( Today ) She began to eat worms. If this goes on for too long go to a Vet.

If you do Take my Advice and Buy this Product heres some tips on how to get her to eat it.
If she/he refuses to eat it ( They Will most Likely ) Put a Small Dab on the Nose of your Gecko. Not on the Nostril holes but in Between. They will lick it because the feeling of some thing up there bother's them. While licking it at put the Syringe right in front of there mouth with a little drop on it. She/He may lick it and from there on get in the habit of her/him drinking it and then make sure they drink as much as possible. Do not force them other wise you will result in Hissing and an Un - Happy leopard Gecko. After feeding them as much as they will take gently put them back in there Habitat and leave them for 1-2 Hours. Try again then but make sure to see if she will eat meal worms before you do feed her the Flukers Boost Powder. Remember the Objective is for her to get protein from meal worm's and to get her eating again. From there on your leopard gecko will slowly heal. Ill keep this forum updated Daily from the new information that i get from my gecko!

Visit our friends