Leopard Gecko's - Heat Pads

Geckomaster743

My Leo's get sick Commonly because its a bit cold in there area. Ive been trying many Heat tricks but ended up with nothing. I came down to buying a Heat Pad but how long can a Zoo Med's Heat Pad ( 30 - 40 Gallon Size ) Stay on with out Burning - Over Heating - Melting - Risk of Danger

If this helps im Planting it on the Back of my Leopard Gecko Glass Enclouser. Its a 10 Gallon but the size we bought seemed Reasonable

tolbunt5

3 Year Member
I have my Leos in a plastic tub with an old (human) heating pad underneath. It is on 24/7. After 4 months I was cleaning the floor (linoleum) and found the area under the pad was a burnt brown. The floor was burned. So I put a 2 inch layer of towels between the heating pad and the floor. No problems since. I keep it on the lowest setting and it keeps them plenty warm. :)

My Leo's get sick Commonly because its a bit cold in there area. Ive been trying many Heat tricks but ended up with nothing. I came down to buying a Heat Pad but how long can a Zoo Med's Heat Pad ( 30 - 40 Gallon Size ) Stay on with out Burning - Over Heating - Melting - Risk of Danger

If this helps im Planting it on the Back of my Leopard Gecko Glass Enclouser. Its a 10 Gallon but the size we bought seemed Reasonable

Well put it on the bottom of the tank man. Also get a good thermostat and set it to 90 degrees. Cause if you dont get the right temp for your leo it will mess everything up with it. The one i suggest is higher price but the best but it is called a Helix thermostat try them i suggest them highly but good luck and i hope i was help.

Sammerz1990

3 Year Member
i bought a zoo med heating cord to put either in a terrarium wrapped around stuff or under it for extra heat... have you ever used anything like this any recommendations ?
i dont think my geckos are getting proper belly heat and ive done all i could,
heat lamp is on until the proper heat is at its peak and then the ub light is on at night... but when i hold my geckos their bellies are freezing im worried.​

Visit our friends