Leos adaption to their environment

Keitone

I have a short paper I need to write on how leos have adapted to their environment. I haven't done much research yet, going now. I just wondered if anyone was aware of articles that talked about this.

Thanks
Keith

Jayme

I've never stumbled on any research articles about leos unfortunately.. Though any cool research you find I'd be curious to see. :)

Things you could talk about:
claws
eyelids
coloration
how they obtain calcium (licking sand and stuff)
how they get their D3 (I've read somewhere that despite being nocturnal they might bask at dawn and dusk when the sun isn't as intense)
Waters needs and food needs

And that's all I got.... That's a cool assignment, I wish I got to write about leopard geckos. ;) Good luck.

Keitone

Well.. that was a few months ago....lol

I did find some stuff. One was about exposing different light patterns to incubating eggs and the hatchlings preference for those lighting patterns.

There was another, that was very interesting, about nocturnal desert reptiles adaptations to survive in cooler temps. It was very in depth. Talked about stuff like VOmax and functioning at lower than optimum temperatures. I might still have the articles if anyone is interested.

Jayme

Oh, sorry. XD I read the "21, 2010" and I guess assumed it was this month.

Yes, I'd be interested in reading the articles if you still have 'em.

Visit our friends