Lethargic gecko

ieoka

About 3 days ago I received my first leopard gecko, shipped from a breeder on Morphmarket. She's a younger subadult raptor het blizzard. Shes adapting to her enclosure very well and actually ate 5 meal worms on her first day, which I was pleasantly surprised and excited about. The second day she ate just as well and explored her moist and warm hide for the first time and voluntarily crawled on to my hand to check it out. Today, the third day, she ate well again, but something I've noticed about her this entire time is she moves very slowly and lethargic-like. Sometimes her legs stutter / shake very slightly. I thought at first she might just be tired from her travel but now I'm thinking she might be dehydrated maybe? I'm not completely sure....her moist hide gets changed with wet paper towels daily and she has a good sized water dish, but I just don't 100% know what's going on...is this normal behavior for sub adults?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It's hard to know without a picture/video. She may still be adjusting. It never hurts to send the breeder a note with your concerns. When I was breeding this did happen occasionally. In all honesty, there were times when a gecko had a problem and I hadn't noticed (this didn't happen too often and I'm not meaning to say that yours is having a problem. In some cases I did notice the problem but was surprised that it took me several weeks to see it).

Aliza

Visit our friends