Lizzys new Mondo Condo 55

Noluk

1. 55 gal glass tank.
2. blue plastic aquatium back ground silicone tacked to the inside.
3. 36' 100 watt heat cable trimmed down to fit the enclosure (yes you can cut heat cables if you know what you are doing) cable. is lifted off the bottom by 1/2 silicone bunmps and square zip tie tabs siliconed together to give a 1/2" space between tank and cable.
4. 2" deep sand as a thermal barrier (ok let the flame war begin)
5. Heavy butcher paper doubled over, wet to soaking and formed over rocks to give the paper texture. After paper has dried, I applied several layers of Elmers spray glue to keep the layers stiff and unmoveable.
IMG_4302.JPG IMG_4301.JPG IMG_4299.JPG
Lizzys curret 30 gallon

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Cool looking enclosure. The only comment I"ll make is that I had some of my geckos in a cage that had a shallow dish of rocks that size so they could dig. It was generally fine, but one of the geckos probably tried to munch on one of the pebbles (they were too big to be swallowed) and broke her jaw. Luckily it healed without intervention. Everyone had been OK with it for years, but it is something to consider.

Aliza

Noluk

Cool looking enclosure. The only comment I"ll make is that I had some of my geckos in a cage that had a shallow dish of rocks that size so they could dig. It was generally fine, but one of the geckos probably tried to munch on one of the pebbles (they were too big to be swallowed) and broke her jaw. Luckily it healed without intervention. Everyone had been OK with it for years, but it is something to consider.

Aliza
I'll just be using sand as a thermal barrier now and it'll be covered by just multiple layers of butchers paper glued together, so no gravel and if she can get the rocks I plan on using for decoration in her mouth I'm burning down the house. and calling the national guard.

Noluk

Lizzys new Mondo Condo UPDATE. Shes all moved in and picked today or last night to start to shed. The pics 1st is the butcher paper bottom I used to cover the sand and cables, 2nd is the tank done, 3rd is Lizzy Borden not co-operating , 4th some deco and one of her pals.
IMG_4306.JPG IMG_4310.JPG IMG_4313.JPG IMG_4315.JPG

Visit our friends