Looking for advise

Robsleeps

I just got home with my first ever lizard whom of which will be cared for by my 2 kids. He/she is a baby and the sex in still unknown. The petshop gave us some advice and even set up the enclosure for us. They gave us a cup of live meal worms and said to feed it about 6 per day which we did when we got home and it ate them fairly quickly dusted in a calcium powder.

We have a water bowl and a food bowl but it only ate when we put the worms in front of his face so the food bowl may not be needed? We have what looks like a black light for the heat source and moistened some moss around his hiding spot to create humidity. It seems like I'll have to buy live meal worms pretty often which seems like it will become a chor going to the pets tore so often so would the freeze dried worms be good? Are crikets easier as far as being able to buy in bulk? What do you guys do for feeding?

The petstore put a carpet material on the bottom and said the bedding stuff such as mulch wasn't good for these guys. There's also a thermometer and humidity guage. Any pointers?

kgb785

I just got home with my first ever lizard whom of which will be cared for by my 2 kids. He/she is a baby and the sex in still unknown. The petshop gave us some advice and even set up the enclosure for us. They gave us a cup of live meal worms and said to feed it about 6 per day which we did when we got home and it ate them fairly quickly dusted in a calcium powder.

We have a water bowl and a food bowl but it only ate when we put the worms in front of his face so the food bowl may not be needed? We have what looks like a black light for the heat source and moistened some moss around his hiding spot to create humidity. It seems like I'll have to buy live meal worms pretty often which seems like it will become a chor going to the pets tore so often so would the freeze dried worms be good? Are crikets easier as far as being able to buy in bulk? What do you guys do for feeding?

The petstore put a carpet material on the bottom and said the bedding stuff such as mulch wasn't good for these guys. There's also a thermometer and humidity guage. Any pointers?
i would get an under the tank heat mat instead of a heat lamp. they use belly heat to digest food

kgb785

The petstore said that those could leave marks on the wooden dresser
i have one for my gecko and it’s on an antique wooden dresser and it’s never left marks. so you should be good. if the pet store was petco or pet smart please please do some research online. even if it was a local pet store do research!!

Robsleeps

i have one for my gecko and it’s on an antique wooden dresser and it’s never left marks. so you should be good. if the pet store was petco or pet smart please please do some research online. even if it was a local pet store do research!!
It's a local pet store and I did a little research and everything she said seemed pretty accurate. They even told me to keep up with how big it gets when I go in to get food.

kgb785

It's a local pet store and I did a little research and everything she said seemed pretty accurate. They even told me to keep up with how big it gets when I go in to get food.
definitely keep up with weight!! but i would definitely go for an under the tank heat mat

Wyspie

I've had my little leo girl for a couple of months now. She's still a baby and definitely has a healthy appetite! I don't like dealing with crickets because it seems like more than half of each batch that I buy ends up dead before I can feed them to her, and I was making trips to the pet store to buy them once or twice each week! Mealworms are easy to deal with. They last a long time if you put them in the refrigerator. I just keep enough for a couple of days in a dish with the food to gut load them. I also set up a subscription for weekly dubia roaches and nutrigrubs to be delivered to my house for DubiaRoaches, and that has made everything so much easier! I like the convenience, and Miss Hali loves the variety. ;)

Robsleeps

I got some crickets today just to test out and he/she ate them up and even shook its tail like a rattle snake before eating each one. They are hard to keep up with though. Where did you find roach delivery?

Wyspie

I got some crickets today just to test out and he/she ate them up and even shook its tail like a rattle snake before eating each one. They are hard to keep up with though. Where did you find roach delivery?
Hali does the same thing with her tail! I love it! I got the roaches and grubs from DubiaRoaches. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post their website here, but you can find it if you Google it just as I typed it, without a space between the two words.

Visit our friends