Mang shots

Most of these are right after I got them or the day I got them. I try not to bother them other then feeding and watching them. I record temps and location of the animal daily. and then every other night. Also record how they react to certain prey.

This is a female. She is about 5 1/2 feet to 6 feet. She is eating Rats and is a very very aggresive feeder.
2mang12.JPG

This is two mangs right after I unbagged them. The Black and White is a male and the Yellow is a Female. The Male is very calm and has never struck the female is another story. When I feed she goes after me instead. I must leave the rom for her to feed. The male eats small F/T Rats. I have a few pics of both of them.
3mang34.JPG

After a few meals
mangBW1.JPG

Female Hiding
mangBY2.JPG

7 foot monster MALE!!! This guy HATES everything. Biggest head n any mang I have ever seen. Eats anything that moves. And I can not pair with a smaller female. He attemps to eat them.Pic is right after I got him this pic was taken about 30 minutes after unbagging
malemang2.jpg

The venom is nasty but their delivery system is not up to par. It is a three finger toxin. Nothing to worry about really but there have been a few recorded bites with lasting effects.

The bad thing about larger mangs is that they hook well but they know how to use the hook to. And they love biting at your face and neck area. That is one area I would hate to take a hit lol

robin

very sweet gary!! what do you mean three finger venom?. honestly i didnt realise they got that large the while male is very neat =)

C

Cryptly

I love these snakes. :)

Don't think I'll ever keep one, but I'll always look at pics! :D

Visit our friends