Meet my rescued Leo Gus Gus :)

Noodle

94AABB34-956F-4C16-AF80-CF2A68C5A047.jpeg I got him from a lady that needed to rehome him and he came with a 40 gal tank and heat mat and heat lamps plus water bowl I haven’t seen him drink so I’m kind of worried about that I got him 5 days ago and am new to owning Leo’s I have a thermostat a heat mat a warm hide a coolhide a moist hide a few rocks and a water bowl I am worried that he might have an impaction The really knowledgeable lady at the pet store were I meet other reptile lovers told me to get the coco coir and the rocky desert sand and to mix it she herself owns Leo’s so I thought that that would be ok but Gus Gus continuously gets annoyed with the little strings from the coconut and I can hear him breathing it sound like whistling is that normal ? He’s 5 years old Thankyou :)

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Welcome! Your gecko may be drinking at night when you're asleep. It's not unusual for a gecko in a new location to not poop for awhile. If you're concerned about the substrate, consider a non-particle substrate. I use ceramic tile which works well and conducts heat well. For a humid hide I use a gladware container with coco fiber, so if there's desire to dig the geckos can do it in there.

Aliza

Visit our friends