Mike & Amanda Webb of The Pet Gecko

GeckoDude31

Wow... Please share this post with anyone that may know where these people vend. We need to shut these people down fast. It's people like this that give us a horrible connotation of our hobby. This is beyond low, low, low. Thanks for posting.

favrielle

Thank you Thad for posting this. I am the OP in the linked thread, and I had intended to post it here yesterday.

This was an unfortunate situation from the beginning, and I am sorry to see it take this particular turn.

If nothing else, it underscores a very important point: Know who you're buying from. Don't just do a cursory search and call it good. Ask around, talk to people who've purchased from them, ask people who've vended the same shows. Check the BOI under every name and business name you can find for them. And even if they come up "clean," if something goes wrong after the fact, document everything.

Oh, and one more thing... QUARANTINE!!!

:)

--Angela Smith--
aka Favrielle

GeckoDude31

I'm so sorry this happen to you. It's hard enough when you buy online and a breeder doesn't stand by their geckos, but to have to deal with an issue this serious is devastating. I can't believe how badly he lost his lid over 60$. He should have quickly refunded you and apologized profusely! I really hope this shuts he and his wife out of bussiness. Also, I hope all the geckos you have are staying healthy, too. What have you done with this gecko now?

favrielle

Bella was euthanized by my veterinarian and sent off for a necropsy in an attempt to meet the Webb's request for proof of infection beyond the first test through Avian. I know the screenshots are a long read, but it's all in there.

As for my other animals, I'm dealing with that, too. I am on lock-down, no animals in or out, until I retest my whole collection and get negative results. This has been a very expensive lesson.

marcia

I read this yesterday and I was absolutely disgusted! I would be foaming at the mouth if it happened to me.

Let's hope people don't buy from them.

I'm so sorry this happened to you

Sent from my iPhone inside my human vivarium

MayhemRenee

I am sorry this happened!!! It appears that they made a bad situation into bad business practices... even if your gecko tested negative but was still sick the "customer is always right". You can also report them to your local government agency for selling sick animals.... They will be very interested especially if they are shipping them out across state lines. A refund should have gone out in a timely manner with out the arguing and bickering with a customer as to when and where the animal became sick. Seeing as it started showing signs in the 1st few days I would guess the gestational period was during the time the gecko was in their care.

As to date I only have 5 breeders I would buy from 2 are local and three online are highly reputable... its cost more but the quality of gecko and customer service are spot on.

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
I read this yesterday and I was absolutely disgusted! I would be foaming at the mouth if it happened to me.

Let's hope people don't buy from them.

I'm so sorry this happened to you

Sent from my iPhone inside my human vivarium

Please post your full name (first and last) on all posts in the section of the forum.

I am sorry this happened!!! It appears that they made a bad situation into bad business practices... even if your gecko tested negative but was still sick the "customer is always right". You can also report them to your local government agency for selling sick animals.... They will be very interested especially if they are shipping them out across state lines. A refund should have gone out in a timely manner with out the arguing and bickering with a customer as to when and where the animal became sick. Seeing as it started showing signs in the 1st few days I would guess the gestational period was during the time the gecko was in their care.

As to date I only have 5 breeders I would buy from 2 are local and three online are highly reputable... its cost more but the quality of gecko and customer service are spot on.

Please post full name (first and last) in all posts in this section of the forum.

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
Thank you for linking that here Thad. And I'm so sorry you've had to go through this Angela.

Visit our friends