Moist hide?

T

tpotter

My gecko has yet to even go near my moist hide, it is a rubber maid container filled with moss. and it has a climb to get into it, he stays in his log! I havent seen him shed at all lately too and hes been growing alot so i dont get that either? Im used to my bearded dragon shedding every couple of days lol

I

IonBaller07

Im new to geckos too. When I first made mine my geckos would go no where near the hide, I was worried that I was doing something wrong. The next day my gecko had shed but I never saw him go near the hide and the shed was on the opposite side of the tank, but then the day after I saw him walk right into the hide and he sat there all day. Maybe yours is like mine and just uses it just at shedding/post shedding time :eek:

leoman777

one of my leos will sleep behind its moist hide lol i only see her in the hide before she sheds and when she sheds then she will rub her head everywhere in her cage then go back in the moist hide and keep doing that and right now paper towels are in there

L

Libby15

Make sure it is warm enough or perhaps too warm. I would check the temp to make sure it is about 90 on the floor.

Visit our friends