Morph questions

Zilla

i am not sure if this is quite the right place for this post but I was wondering if any one has heard of someone successfully breeding an Amel Patternless Fat Tail?
I have searched the net and Look at the JMG site regularly and have read that the babies produced from this are deformed, die in the egg, or come out very sick.
On the other hand I have been told by someone that breeds a couple of different geckos species that some people have in fact bred them and have entire colnies fo them that they have not been able to produce more of in future generations. This sounds like a bunch of garbage to me but was wondering if I might be wrong.
I am branching into fat tails and just thought that I would finally ask the question.
Thanks for any information.

HepCatMoe

Escaped A.I.
to date, i have not seen amel x anything. i have even heard from some big time breeders (jmg) that amel x patternless is alethal combo. from the lack of other amel crosses out there, i suspect it might be true for other combos as well. its very sad, becuase i love amels.

however, there are caramel albino crosses out there.

bittner_344

www.theurbanreptile.com
We have a decent size colony this year of double het amel patternless, which were produced in 2009 and 2010. We have not noticed any deformations in any of our Amel crosses yet either. We are hopefully going to produce Patternless Amels this year, well thats the plan atleast! lol

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
Do you think that either the patty or the amel in those animals are genetically different from the current strains?

WDC1987

I have spoken with a few people about this and I have been told that the amel is not compatible with Co-Doms, Doms, or Recessive morphs. Anything Line Bred will work. But hopefully someone can get some kind of success combining the Amel Mutation with other mutations because the Amel is my Favorite and I would love to see it crossed!

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
Albino can be crossed with Caramel Albino (recessive), White Sox (Recessive), and line bred traits. So far other crosses are not compatible that I have seen in phenotype form.

WDC1987

Yea i wasnt thinking about the white socks. But as I was told about the
Caramel Albino X Amel it is hard to tell a diff. in the babies.

Zilla

Brett,
Thanks for the information, i have looked around and searched but the most reliable sites that I have found are you and JMG. I will definatly be looking fo your new babies coming this new year. Hopefully we see some other patternless combos.

Zilla

OK so I realize that this thread was started a long time ago but I have to wonder if any more progress was made in the area we discussed here?

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
To my knowledge, no crosses have been successful. JMG, Pat Kline and Urban are the only breeders I believe have attempted this feat, and so far not a whole lot has been shared. I will be testing this next season.

Visit our friends