Mouth Rot? Or Scar Tissue?

ssScaleyCreations

Hi everyone, this is my leopard gecko Tango (7mo male) and when I brought him home (1mo) he was full of bad shed wounds on his head, upper lip, and nose area. The worse of it was on his upper lip, though. I hoped that with each new shed it would become less and less apparent which was thankfully the case. he is now almost completely healed, except for this little thing on his lip. I dont know if it is scar tissue from the healing of the wound or mouth rot, But i have been observing it and it hasnt gotten bigger. He eats like a pig and I got him to open his mouth for me today and looks all normal as far as I can see it looks like hes missing a few scales and in its place he just has gum. Im not sure though, and would like to know what you guys think. What do you think? Scar tissue or mouth rot?

1 month (march) -

36AD7201-DAB9-4B8D-890E-D9FD7EB5C437.png
029654D1-DFC2-493D-9686-9C47D717F55E.png

7 months (now) -
3D12A96A-77A3-46B9-A570-99E3F9340326.jpeg
F82997AB-BAAC-49AD-86BF-D9242ED20AF0.jpeg

ssScaleyCreations

I dont see anything indicating mouth rot. Are you able to see inside his mouth? That'd be the way to be certain.
I got him to open his mouth last night when he was eating a cricket, but only a glimpse. It looked all pink as far as I could tell, but it looked like he never developed scales near his mouth when the lip injury healed and its all just gum. Unfortunately, he’s pretty skittish about handling and I can’t get him to open his mouth on demand.

Visit our friends