My Ag-Yard is full of surprises.

Dimidiata

Thought id just share some happy news with everyone. Its not real giddy OMG news, its just good, happy news.

Found 3 beautiful reps in the Ag-yard today(school farm sorta).

I have pics of 1.
P04-27-12_12-051.jpg

Its a phone pic, i know, blurry. Its a Green anole. Which for my area, is becoming increasingly uncommon, in fact, the only place i have seen them is in a reserve park and our school farm. Just kinda good news to know they are still around.

the second was a 5 lined skink, a huge 5 lined skink. He was sitting in a tree by the goat pen, just hanging out being cool :p

And the third, which caught me by surprise was a Indigo snake. At first i was alerted there was a black rat snake in the wood pile, which imo, i could care less. Let him be. BUT the girls, having a conniption fit wanted it "gone". So i went to go see what was up, and upon looking at the log it was on i told them that i couldn't touch it. Much to their disappointment, when we all got back to the classroom i made it a point to show everyone the protected statues on these animals and explain what they ate(snakes, poisonous ones, rats, lizards and so on). My teacher likes having rat snakes around to keep the rats away(wood pile is by the feed shed). So YAY, i got to see an indigo for once(second time actually). Very beautiful, had the all too unmistakable orange face and deep solid black body with the underbelly to match. Only 2.5-3ft long.

I know we have rats out there so he must be eating good, probably get himself a pygmy rattle snake or 2 as well. At his size he shouldnt be a threat to the chickens, we do have some ducklings but they would be quite the large meal for him, i think that as long as hes catching rats and other snakes he should leave a larger animal alone right? either way, theres nothing i can do, dont know how to snake proof a chicken hut.

animeavatar

I <3 Mu Mu!!
Small pic LOL But my cousin saw a five lined skink once and then it darted away... he's lucky being allowed to camp in those places. Five Lined Skinks are endangered here I think( there are 2 types here I believe and one of them are endangered). They're also the only type of lizard in Ontario

Visit our friends