My discus.

Dimidiata

I want discus but yea... I'll wait till someday. That shark is gonna need a humongous tank 0_0

Not as big as youd think, they are a smaller species, also one of my personal favs, Its beautiful. The discus look very nice, any full tank shots? I love planted discus tanks. Take a little bit to setup but completley worth it.

BTW, are those red egales or bloods? I suck at discus colors but the reds and blues have always been a fav.

Last edited:

Dimidiata

They can be 7"l and 8"h at the biggest ive seen, though theres always someone who claims to have bigger. There is also a slight size diffrence amongst species. As for tank size a standard 55gal is the smallest that should be attempted imo. With a fish that is both tall and long a wide and tall tank works best, 75gal is the same leangth as a 55(as long as we are talking standard) and has more width. A 65 is excelent choise. Gotta love them discus. I helped organize and set up a 100gal planted tank at the ag musuem in my area, we did a discus community, though they seem to have eaten the neons -_-

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
The shark gets around 30 inches. He'll be going into a 180 when hes full grown, but for now hes too small and needs to be hand fed. (I'm not big enough to shove my arm in a 180 and reach him lol).

Those discus are pigions. Not my personal favourite, but theyre very healthy. I want to get my hands on a group of wildcaught, but theyre a few hundred dollars a fish...I'm not ready for that haha.

I'll take a full tank shot this week after I prune some plants, theyre out of control!

Dimidiata

Lol WOW i was confused ^_^. I like pigions, not my first choice for keeping but they arnt too bad. Plus they look pretty happy and well cared for. Hand feeding the shark sounds both daunting and fun.

katie_

Wonder Reptiles

pigion blood. discus have a lot of silly names for their colour morphs, just like some leos.

the shark only eats once or twice a week. when shes (i always call it a he, but its a female) is an adult, i'll cut her back to once a week.

we have a black teep reef at the store in a 2000 gallon set up. she eats once a week and is growing like a nasty weed.

stager

NIce my father always wanted a discus tank when I was a kid. And that shark wow, your holding out on us.

animeavatar

I <3 Mu Mu!!
Black tip shark? Wait, Big Al's Mississauga has a shark. Do you know what type it is? I don't really look at it.

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
Black tip shark? Wait, Big Al's Mississauga has a shark. Do you know what type it is? I don't really look at it.

They all have sharks.
Probably a black or a white tip.
I have a banded personally - much more responsible than a reef shark. (I'm a little against it myself...but...we have one at work...so I bite my tongue)

Visit our friends