ento890

This is Flubber. He just arrived today!

Took some quick really crappy pics before letting him settle in his cage
4992682015_73c2afb541.jpg

4992683419_95a15515b7.jpg

4993292178_2c09d27c9b.jpg

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
Those are awesome pictures what are you talking about! He's great congratulations! But I honestly had NO IDEA that they had teeth like that! Do leo's have teeth like that? Yikes!
I know beardies do, but they are so mellow.

ento890

Tara, I didn't know either. He was gaping his mouth, he was just licking his eye with his tongue, but I caught him with his mouth open haha

Whitney, I believe Erica said he is an 08, but I believe a late 08.

Shawn, Yes he is an R. leachianus leachianus :)

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
Tara, I didn't know either. He was gaping his mouth, he was just licking his eye with his tongue, but I caught him with his mouth open haha

Well thats good to know that he wasnt ready to use those fangs on you:main_laugh: Someday I will have one of those too...it's on my list;) I gotta break the husband in slowly...:p I figured pretty soon it'll be like getting a new fish, he wont know what was there before and what wasnt:main_laugh:

We started out with a Bearded Dragon 2 years ago (for my son, yea right...shhhhh!) and then we got a Leopard gecko (for my other son;)) and I just broke the news to him recently that I'd like to breed leo's, so I got 2 pair. So it's just a matter of time, when they start having babies, he will never know whats going on in what is soon to be known as THE REPTILE ROOM instead of the PLAY ROOM, LOL!!!!

Theres a storm coming! :main_yes:

He's so beautiful....where did you get him?

jemjdragon

Beautiful leachie.
But I honestly had NO IDEA that they had teeth like that! Do leo's have teeth like that? Yikes!
Leo's do have teeth but their teeth are really tiny, I think they're more for holding the food in place than tearing things apart (though they try anyways =P ).

ento890

Tara... Your story is so typical haha I think that is how everyone starts off with reptiles. I have so much in my reptile room, but I think my parents think I only have the leopard gecko I got 10 years ago haha

I got him from Erica at Crown Jewel Reptiles. I've wanted a leachie for years but never wanted to throw down 400-500 for one. I finally sold some geckos and I had the extra cash. It's hard to find a leachie of his size for the price I purchased him for so I jumped on it. I <3 him.

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
Very pretty guy.

Do you know what locale/locales he is? I'm very happy for you to see that you got one finally. They are great, pretty weird too, but you'll find that out pretty soon. :)

Major congratulations, he really looks great.

ento890

Tara, eventually I would like to purchase a female for him. But I think that project is wayyyyy ahead of me.

Kevin, I don't know what locale he is. Erica said she didn't either. Could you determine that by coloration or structure? I've already found out how weird he is! I was holding him yesterday and he made grunts. haha

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
Tara, eventually I would like to purchase a female for him. But I think that project is wayyyyy ahead of me.

Kevin, I don't know what locale he is. Erica said she didn't either. Could you determine that by coloration or structure? I've already found out how weird he is! I was holding him yesterday and he made grunts. haha

Sorry, I don't think you'll ever know if the breeder can't tell you. I'm no leachie expert so I wouldn't want to speculate, but there are folks out there that could at least tell you if it's probably a GT, Island or GT cross. Keep posting on different forums and you may get some educated guesses.

ento890

Thanks Kevin, I will check around

Jacob- I don't know the locality of him.

Kristi- Thanks! I have already heard some of his sounds. Very different from any Rhac I've had. Good luck placing your cresties :)

Visit our friends