My first Leopard Gecko enclosure!

Awolf

Hey everyone! I am getting my leopard gecko tomorrow and this is my enclosure for him.

I have the one side with a jungle soil substrate and a bit of moss for a humid hide (the little log) and the right side for a dry hot hide (giant driftwood cave). I also have one more hide on the way to keep as a cooler dry hide. I was also considering getting some garden stones to place around the tank to add more varying terrain for him but haven't done so yet.

For equipment I have a thermometer on either side of the tank to monitor the temps as well as a humidity monitor. A temp gun to make sure none of the surfaces get hot enough to burn him. A mister bottle. The heat lamps are both in dimmers so I can control the heat better and I also got a heat mat for under the tank.

For food I got him small dubia roaches, small mealworms, reptile calcium, and vitamins. A small dish for feeding and a small dish for water.

Super excited for him to arrive tomorrow! I saw a lot of conflicting information online so I'm hoping I got him everything he needs to be happy and healthy. This is my first leopard gecko so criticism/advice is of course welcome!

PXL_20220705_224351320.jpg

PXL_20220705_224405647.jpg PXL_20220705_224430245.jpg PXL_20220705_224433968.jpg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It looks like a very fun tank for a leopard gecko. If you have a heat mat I really don't think you need a heat lamp as well. It may get the air too hot and dry to be comfortable. I assume you're going to use the mister to moisten the humid substrate as opposed to misting the whole cage.

Aliza

Awolf

It looks like a very fun tank for a leopard gecko. If you have a heat mat I really don't think you need a heat lamp as well. It may get the air too hot and dry to be comfortable. I assume you're going to use the mister to moisten the humid substrate as opposed to misting the whole cage.

Aliza
Thank you! That is good to know. And yea, I was going to use the misting bottle to keep the substrate side moist so he can choose which side he wants to be on.

Awolf

Very professional looking love the modern touch! Your future gecko will have a great home! :)
Thank you! I got really lucky and won a raffle at a local reptile shop so I got to pick out a few big items I had my eyes on. (The big driftwood piece and the mossy mushroom with the bridge)

I brought him home yesterday where he mostly hid but I caught him exploring throughout the night so he seems to be enjoying it!

Visit our friends